The Student Room Group

Calling all 2012 VetMed entry hopefuls, *VERY* Early i know!

Scroll to see replies

I'm at Kennels on monday too - I'll be doing 8-6. I went to have a look around and there's so much to take in - they have about 80 kennels!
Reply 981
Sounds it's like the time for kennels experience! I'm going next week too :biggrin:
LOL well I'm sure your experience will be better than mine atm :/
im doing 8-10.30/11, then again from 3-4.30, they only have bout 15 kennels, i had to have afternoon off yesterday tho cus had to get vet out to cut 1 ******* out of 2 calves each, if that makes sence, they were naughty, 1 kicked me in the knee, luckily my phone was in pocket by knee so that was smashed rather than my knee. and i wouldnt usually stand where i was standing but vet needed me to. 5 years and only been kicked once... yeasterday!!!
Slowly losing my confidence about standing a chance of getting into veterinary. Didn't realise the entry requirements had went up to AAA :frown:
Original post by Stir fried Giblets
Slowly losing my confidence about standing a chance of getting into veterinary. Didn't realise the entry requirements had went up to AAA :frown:

As far as I know liverpool is still AABb
This is sick! Just reminds me of what a cruel world we live in and why we need vets to stick up for animals!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2020151/Abattoir-staffs-shocking-animal-cruelty-filmed-WONT-prosecuted.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
that made me feel sick! vile people, they deserve to be treated how they treated them pigs in my opinion! disgusting!
Original post by skatealexia
As far as I know liverpool is still AABb

Thanks, that's good to know. I'm debating over whether to apply to gateways for 2 and the rest applying for zoology degrees, coz I'm unsure bout my chances. :confused:
results day is now officialy less than 3 weeks away... omg omg omg, AS levels matter more this year cus of having to cash in stupid grades.
Original post by Stir fried Giblets
Thanks, that's good to know. I'm debating over whether to apply to gateways for 2 and the rest applying for zoology degrees, coz I'm unsure bout my chances. :confused:

Go for it. You can always do a gap year.
Reply 991
Original post by hannah.daw
results day is now officialy less than 3 weeks away... omg omg omg, AS levels matter more this year cus of having to cash in stupid grades.

What do you mean about the AS levels? Cashing in the grades? :s-smilie::s-smilie:
we have been told that for the 1st time we have to put our AS grades on ucas form, they didnt have to previously
Reply 993
we have been told that for the 1st time we have to put our AS grades on ucas form, they didnt have to previously

Oh I see thanks. Oh dear, this concerns me as mine aren't going to be great and I'm going to have to retake a few modules for sure :s-smilie:
Bums and balls to AS grade results. :frown:
does no one else know that u have to put AS grades on, cus bristol uni vet talk person didnt, u lot dont seem to, im starting to not believe it.
does no one else know that u have to put AS grades on, cus bristol uni vet talk person didnt, u lot dont seem to, im starting to not believe it.

You do have to, if your college cash your grades in. I had to, depends on your college, like I say. Also for cambridge, you have to declare UMS as well.
You lot make me feel old :frown:
Reply 998
Hi, im hoping to apply for vet school this year! finding the personal statement difficult! have you all put most of your work exp to make up the characters?
i have done this so far:
4 week small animal vet practice
1 day large animal vet practice
4 days Leahurst(including farm)
1.5 days at mixed farm
1 week lambing
1 week dairy farm
6 months every saturday (5hours) kennels/cattery
1 week rspca
1.5 days riding school
volunteer at rspca since august 2010
2 days livery
2 days vet lab
1 week pony sanctuary

how does this sound? good luck on results day everyone! x
Original post by klucys047
Hi, im hoping to apply for vet school this year! finding the personal statement difficult! have you all put most of your work exp to make up the characters?
i have done this so far:
4 week small animal vet practice
1 day large animal vet practice
4 days Leahurst(including farm)
1.5 days at mixed farm
1 week lambing
1 week dairy farm
6 months every saturday (5hours) kennels/cattery
1 week rspca
1.5 days riding school
volunteer at rspca since august 2010
2 days livery
2 days vet lab
1 week pony sanctuary

how does this sound? good luck on results day everyone! x

I'd get maybe a slight more vet work experience, but that seems fine. Your owork experience is very good :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending