The Student Room Group

Calling all 2012 VetMed entry hopefuls, *VERY* Early i know!

Scroll to see replies

I really want to use the personal statement advice but the problem is I only have a first draft. Because of how busy it will get I wasn't sure whether to just put my first draft up now while it's quieter and get it checked, or wait until I've had drafts tweaked and had critiquing by teachers then put it up? I know the people giving the advice wouldn't want to look at multiple drafts.

What are you guys doing? :smile:
Reply 1381
Original post by Stir fried Giblets
Rang RVC and Notts and they both class a week as 5 days. Notts say you work 35 hours for a week. :smile:

cheers. I did email the rvc about it before, but their response was pretty unhelpful
Reply 1382
I really want to use the personal statement advice but the problem is I only have a first draft. Because of how busy it will get I wasn't sure whether to just put my first draft up now while it's quieter and get it checked, or wait until I've had drafts tweaked and had critiquing by teachers then put it up? I know the people giving the advice wouldn't want to look at multiple drafts.

What are you guys doing? :smile:

i posted my first draft on the ps help and got gd advice then posted 2nd draft again good advice, reckon only need to tweak bits nd then im done .

they dont mind looking at multiple drafts, u just m,ight hv 2 wait longer :smile:
I don't personally mind looking at multiple drafts, I like seeing the person improve :biggrin:
Reply 1384
Original post by skatealexia
I don't personally mind looking at multiple drafts, I like seeing the person improve :biggrin:

bit of a silly question but does the personal statement help thing get checked on the plagiarism filter the universities use? because I would like to make use of it (when I get my current draft back) but not if it means they will throw out my application because it is too similar to an earlier draft I posted on the help page

I doubt it does, seeing as everybody is doing it, but I might as well ask :smile:
Original post by lucaf
bit of a silly question but does the personal statement help thing get checked on the plagiarism filter the universities use? because I would like to make use of it (when I get my current draft back) but not if it means they will throw out my application because it is too similar to an earlier draft I posted on the help page

I doubt it does, seeing as everybody is doing it, but I might as well ask :smile:

from the PS help forum:

Is my personal statement safe from plagiarism?

The Personal Statement Help forums are private forums: this means that only the thread starter (you), the PS Helpers and the appropriate TSR moderation staff can see your statement. This is why the forums appear empty until you have created a thread, at which point only your own thread will be visible to you. The private nature of the forum means that your statement cannot be indexed by search engines or other sites. Your statement will not appear on any other sites as a result of posting it in Personal Statement Help!

All of the PS helpers have a confirmed place at university, or have already graduated, and membership to this team is strictly controlled by the TSR moderators to ensure that this remains the case. To become a PS helper, a member must first provide conclusive proof that they are at or have attended university. The PS helpers may be identified by the PS Helper tag in their post-bit, under their username.

If you have any concerns about plagiarism or confidentiality in Personal Statement Help, please start a thread in the Ask an Assistant forum.

Please note: confidentiality of your statement applies to the Personal Statement Help section of the site only. Do not post a draft of your PS in the public forums of TSR, where it may be copied by other applicants and websites. Any statements posted there will be moved to Personal Statement Help.
Reply 1386
Original post by schizopear
from the PS help forum:

ah good, cheers :smile:
Original post by skatealexia

You must be a busy woman! :eek:

I was just wondering do vet students still have social lives at uni or is it another experience entirely? :tongue:
Just wondering does anyone know whether lab work has to be veterinary focused or can it be any type of work in a lab?
You must be a busy woman! :eek:

I was just wondering do vet students still have social lives at uni or is it another experience entirely? :tongue:

Yes they have social lives :biggrin: especially at liverpool. You just have to get the right balance but last year I went out nearly every week in first term and a couple of times in second term and saw my boyfriend a lot and had a part time job and still managed to get decent grades :smile:
Quick question guys, for the tutor's reference do they need to write anything specific/different for vet applicants? Asking just in case because my school is useless at this kind of thing xD
Reply 1391
Original post by dizzeedollee
Quick question guys, for the tutor's reference do they need to write anything specific/different for vet applicants? Asking just in case because my school is useless at this kind of thing xD

Yes, I second this! My tutor reference is a lazy ICT teacher, anything in specific I should ask him to include??
Reply 1392
Just wondering does anyone know whether lab work has to be veterinary focused or can it be any type of work in a lab?

I think any sort of biomedical or research lab is ok, human or veterinary medicine. Edinburgh say something like: "Work experience in a veterinary or biomedical laboratory is also useful to help candidates appreciate the scientific basis of veterinary medicine."

Obviously it may be more beneficial for you to work in a vet lab but they just want to see that you've thought about the scientific side of it. :smile:
Original post by dizzeedollee

this may be a silly question but what is the tutors reference for?
Anyone going to the glasgow open day tomorrow and know any cheap car parks close to the uni? Thanks:smile:
taking my ps to school tomoz, i have all mondays off if i want them, no lessons, haha, wed mornings and thurs afternoons too.
Original post by hannah.daw
taking my ps to school tomoz, i have all mondays off if i want them, no lessons, haha, wed mornings and thurs afternoons too.

Wow! What sorta timetable do you have?! Get me to that college! :tongue:
Positive Rating!

I'm in every day :frown: theres only 1 day where I don't have an afternoon but last year I was in everyday all day.
was in every day all day till after summer exams last year, then we were allowed home study, my timetable is 5 lessons a day, each an hour long, it a 6th form in school, but its also a 2 wk timetable, and cus our lessons are in blocks of 3 and 2, ie i have triple maths every tuesday, and double on fridays, and im only doing 3 subjects now so i have mondays, plus 3+2 lesson slots from what wud have been 4th subject, and 1 extra "study lesson" for each subject every 2 weeks. if any of that makes sence. prob not.
Reply 1399
I feel quite lucky now!!! I have three doubles of each of my subjects each week. I have Monday Morning off, and every afternoon off (so I go home after lunch each day) with one of the days I go home at 10:30! I know the school opposite me makes their sixth formers stay all day every day for their free periods!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending