The Student Room Group

Defer intern offer

How likely do investment bank allow you to defer a summer internship offer? Does anyone have any experiences with this?
Reply 1
was wondering about the same :biggrin: if u got an offer why don't u just ask? i will wait until i have an offer. the reason for me would be that i'd hope to actually do a placement year in 2012 and then summer 2013 the summer internship. so either a placement at a HF (got a near offer) or BoE...
anybody maybe even did it already?
Don't even HINT at it until you're lucky enough to get an offer. Once that happens, just talk to your manager/HR and see whether deferring is a possibility.

From my experience, it isn't very easy, especially if you're offered a place on a graduate programme (as its impossible for them to forecast how many graduates they want more than a year in advance)
Reply 3
Original post by babafagucci
Don't even HINT at it until you're lucky enough to get an offer. Once that happens, just talk to your manager/HR and see whether deferring is a possibility.

From my experience, it isn't very easy, especially if you're offered a place on a graduate programme (as its impossible for them to forecast how many graduates they want more than a year in advance)

This.
Reply 4
Very hard.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending