The Student Room Group

Weird Things Your Pets Do

Scroll to see replies

My neighbour's cat always comes into my house and it always follows me, wherever I go its behind me. Also when I go to the fridge and I open the door, the cat jumps up and kind of hangs on to the fridge whilst taking a peek into what is in there, it also "meaows" every time it does that in a way which ends up me giving the cat a lot of food from the fridge (it loves ham).
My dog Bob (staffy) does like 6 laps of the garden every time he has a dump. Weirdo!
Reply 102
My cat plays fetch with his toy mice and foil balls :').

Oh and my dog has learned to run around to the garden, wander around for a bit, then come back and expect to have a treat thinking we'll be tricked into believing she's done her business. Unfortunately for her, we can see through windows, so she's not that clever. She also 'smiles' when we come home from somewhere..the corners of her mouth go up like a human smile :').
I have spiders, snakes, lizards, hermit crabs and more. I don't think anything they do isn't weird.

But my bearded dragon likes to climb my head and sit on the top.
Reply 104
My dog (springer spaniel) goes mental when anybody says the word 'five'.
Reply 105
when i take the dog for a walk, the cat comes with us, runs ahead a little bit, then sits and waits. when we walk past him, he just ignores us, then runs ahead again, and sits and waits, and the cycle repeats!
Reply 106
My cat peed off a roof onto a smoker- she doesn't like smokers :biggrin:
My cat climbed into our car without us noticing and we got all the way to ASDA before we realised there was a blanket moving on the back seat. Almost had a heart attack. My other cat keeps bringing more cats home which is a bit weird too :tongue:
Sometimes, we have to take care of next door's cat while they're away for long periods of time and because it's not in the greatest health, but you forget about the health stuff when you see the cat. When it meets someone new, it'll roll around on its back in front of them to get them to pet it :biggrin:

It also likes getting into weird places in the house. It's ended up on windowsills meowing at the neighbours, underneath the couch, and somehow it ended up on top of my wardrobe. It silently judges from above.
Original post by Mocking_bird
My cat has obsession with just sitting in the bath.
Everytime i go in the bathroom she'll follow me and just jump in and sit there.
& When the bath has water in it she'll jump on the side and just pat the water.

is she a bengal ? :smile:
Reply 110
I've been trying to teach my dog to roll over, he gets onto his back and then seems to have a mini spasm and can't quite get all the way over, bless him.
Original post by purple-laugh
is she a bengal ? :smile:

Nope, just a domestic.
I've tried to put her in the water (Really shallow barely goes past her paws and a mild temperature, im not hurting her before anyone tries to accuse haha) but she hates it, i think she just likes touching it with one paw haha.
My cat likes to sleep in the bath. No idea why.

My brother's cat sits in the kitchen sink and drinks water from the tap.
Original post by tinktinktinkerbell
one of my hamsters used to climb on the bars of its cage and hang, i call it spider hammin

my mouse squeaks and clicks when she comes out and she will demand attention and when you go to get her out she will run away but when you close the cage she will come back, its like a little game

one of my hams goes mad when hes on the settee, he will rub himself all over it and turn upside down

I had a hamster who used to chew on the bars of it's cage so noisily that it sounded like a pneumatic drill so I called it drilly lol it also acted like it was on speed constantly. Literally I couldn't pick it up because it wouldn't stay still.

One time I put him/her (never worked that one out lol) in a shoebox while I was cleaning out the cage. While I wasn't looking it managed to push the lid off and climb out and then proceeded to run off the edge of the dining room table and landed on the floor right infront of my cat. Luckily my cat knows she's not allowed to eat my pets so she didn't do anything but it could have been messy..

My cat is pretty weird too... She's semi manx so she's got a stump for a tail and she has cat chlamydia. One time she rang the doorbell because she likes brushing her head against walls and she somehow got onto the window ledge in the porch and headbutted the doorbell. Was quite funny because it was about midnight when we were just about to go to bed and we were wondering who the hell it could be and then her head popped around the side of the door frame lol
Original post by juliewho
My cat climbed into our car without us noticing and we got all the way to ASDA before we realised there was a blanket moving on the back seat. Almost had a heart attack. My other cat keeps bringing more cats home which is a bit weird too :tongue:

I think your other cat is a whore. Have you found a secret stash of "payment" in the form of milk or tuna?
Reply 115
Original post by Mocking_bird
My cat has obsession with just sitting in the bath.
Everytime i go in the bathroom she'll follow me and just jump in and sit there.
& When the bath has water in it she'll jump on the side and just pat the water.

So your cat plays in the bath...

Original post by TheProfessional
My cat likes to sleep in the bath. No idea why.

My brother's cat sits in the kitchen sink and drinks water from the tap.

..yours sleeps in the bath....

Mine...*sigh* mine poos in the bath if he refuses to go outside in the cold at night :facepalm: I suppose it is kind of like a giant litter tray to him, and he's slightly incontinent due to old age / health issues. We've started giving him a litter tray again though, and haven't had to disinfect the bath for a while :u:
My Jack Russell insists on following me everywhere. But the funniest thing he does is panic when I walk backwards. I sometimes can set him off by just saying 'I'm gonna walk backwards!'.... Poor thing.
Original post by littleone271
I had a hamster who used to chew on the bars of it's cage so noisily that it sounded like a pneumatic drill so I called it drilly lol it also acted like it was on speed constantly. Literally I couldn't pick it up because it wouldn't stay still.

One time I put him/her (never worked that one out lol) in a shoebox while I was cleaning out the cage. While I wasn't looking it managed to push the lid off and climb out and then proceeded to run off the edge of the dining room table and landed on the floor right infront of my cat. Luckily my cat knows she's not allowed to eat my pets so she didn't do anything but it could have been messy..

My cat is pretty weird too... She's semi manx so she's got a stump for a tail and she has cat chlamydia. One time she rang the doorbell because she likes brushing her head against walls and she somehow got onto the window ledge in the porch and headbutted the doorbell. Was quite funny because it was about midnight when we were just about to go to bed and we were wondering who the hell it could be and then her head popped around the side of the door frame lol

i lold, especially at the part where you said 'my cat knows she's not allowed to eat my pets' lol :colondollar:

and lol @ her ringing the doorbell, bless <3

drilly is a cool name for a ham! :colone:
My african grey does a perfect telephone noise, then does an answerphone beep.. usually followed by the McDonald's whistle. That's pretty weird :tongue:
Reply 119
My cat uses her nose to pull back the letter box so it makes a noise. Its her way of 'knocking' to let us know she wants to come in lol.

Quick Reply

Latest