The Student Room Group

What did you aspire to be when you were young?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by philistine
Careful sonny. This belt doesn't just keep my pants up.

Come at me brah!
When I was 11 (first day of high school) we had to write down our career ambition - I still have the leaflet/booklet we were using and I wanted to be a gardener :biggrin:

Things like archaeology/palaeontology and 'life on earth' and such topics have always interested me. I think a Biology degree follows nicely in a sense :smile:
I was a bit of a strange child but a few of my ambitions for when I was 'grown up' included:
Archaeologist
Palaeontologist(obsessed with dinosaurs,especially after watching jurassic park films sadly)
Pilot
Artist(then discovered I can't draw very well at all)
I think I went through a phase of wanting to be a dentist as I had a really nice dentist when I was younger and she made it look fun,can't remember how exactly,just made me feel less uncomfortable with having someone's hand in my mouth.
Original post by lizolove
I can't really remember, but my brother went through phases of wanting to be:

- A police dog
- A police horse
- A fire engine

Seriously.
He was a lot older than you'd expect someone wanting these careers to be. :rolleyes:
:tongue:

My ambitions went from: Pilot-Pharmacist and now to Pilot again :biggrin:

I also dreamt about being an entrepenuer like Richard Branson :smile: I also sometimes I dream about being an owner of an airline (I also have a very classy name and slogan for it)

But overall, I want to win the lottery and be a billionaire so friggin bad! hahaha :wink:
Reply 84
A god! Woof Woof!

(No kidding, I actually did until I was 5.) :borat:

<3 x
Reply 85
I wanted to be a marine biologist from when I was 3 to when I was 16...
Then I decided on zoology.
Reply 86
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. -John Lennon
Reply 87
Artist, astronaut, doctor, palaeontologist, Egyptian tomb raider (after watching The Mummy and Tomb Raider), a physicist, a teacher, an army doctor, an investment banker.

Now: no idea, probably something to do with global health.
From a very young age helped my mum in running her business and as i am now 21 still so passionate about business got like £30k capital but still coming up with ideas and property would have been an option but still not in permanent full time employment so mortgage will be a difficult one to get.

Any ideas what to invest in
Reply 89
Original post by Nut.
Said I wanted to be an archiologist from about 3. (Though I actually meant paleontologist).

Then when I was about 9 it became a marine biologist/ deep sea diver.

I was always obsessed with dinosaurs and ancient cultures and myths and legends, that sort of thing.

What're you doing now?
- A dog
- Fireman Sam (not "a fireman" - as a two year old, I wanted to be Fireman Sam - don't think I understood the concepts of fiction or gender at that point)
- James from Fireman Sam (again, not understanding the concepts of fiction or gender or that my name is Maddy, not James)
- A teacher
- A historian
- A writer
- A doctor
- Someone with a kitchen (not even a chef particularly - I just wanted to be a person who had a kitchen).
- A superhero
- A journalist
- A midwife
- An actress
- A radio presenter
- A dramatherapist

Settled on midwife :awesome: (although I still harbour a secret desire to be Fireman Sam AND to own a kitchen).
Reply 91
Palaeontologist and/or a Vet - I'm doing Zoology at uni so I haven't gone too far :smile: Animals have always been my passion so it was pretty obvious what I was going to do from a young age :smile:
Princess
Teacher
Singer

In that order
I wanted to be a police officer to catch the baddies

:headbang:
Reply 94
I've wanted to be a pilot since I was 4 - still haven't given up on the dream! After all, you get the best office in the world:
An Auror
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
I love you. :love: :lol:

Hahah aww :love:
Reply 97
I wanted to be a viking. Mission accomplished. :cool:
Reply 98
Prime Minister :biggrin:
All my potential career paths, whether genetic engineering, astrophysics or corporate bastardism, eventually lead to one ultimate goal: world and later interstellar, domination.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending