The Student Room Group

exam timetables

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I have 9, not revised yet really. 7 of 'em are in mid may and the other 2 in June. No rush.
Original post by Dalek1099
I should get study leave next year-unless the new headmaster,only been in a year,decides to not allow study leave.Technically, you shouldn't get study leave because being in school guarantees focused revision and I always love a taught lesson and it means that people who don't revise won't just fail their exams-they will if they have been without studying in any form for weeks.

You have a fair point- though our head has only been in for one year, and he is very unpopular with the student population. And technically, I understand where you're coming from, and I do like that, but it feels like the head master is bullying our year; he is giving us none of the privileges that the previous year received extremely early! I wouldn't mind if he'd give a valid reason, but none is being given (there are other things he is witholding from us, not just study leave)

I wouldn't put it that way- that people who haven't revised will automatically fail- more like it'll just be more difficult for them to attain their grade; I know someone who didn't bother to study and got all A*-B for all of his subjects in his mocks!
Original post by crimson.threads
You have a fair point- though our head has only been in for one year, and he is very unpopular with the student population. And technically, I understand where you're coming from, and I do like that, but it feels like the head master is bullying our year; he is giving us none of the privileges that the previous year received extremely early! I wouldn't mind if he'd give a valid reason, but none is being given (there are other things he is witholding from us, not just study leave)

I wouldn't put it that way- that people who haven't revised will automatically fail- more like it'll just be more difficult for them to attain their grade; I know someone who didn't bother to study and got all A*-B for all of his subjects in his mocks!

If Study Leave happens than they will find it very difficult because they would get the revision in lessons.My headteacher seems pretty poor as well-a 3 minute bell for lateness and I heard a teacher in a very serious tone say "I wish he hadn't put in the 3 minute bell".The problem is that it allows people to come later to lessons on lunches but in between lessons it can be tight-especially,if the teacher keeps you back.The headteacher is also very disrespectful saying things like"How dare you..."in a behaviour assembly-it didn't work because everyone keeps laughing about him shouting"How dare you..."and I think it is disrespectful because I bet he wouldn't say that in that tone,if he was talking to parents and he was also slightly intellgentist in that he said we should listen to our teachers because of their thirst of knowledge and 10 GCSEs,3 A levels,etc-so we shouldn't listen to people who are dumb?and respect their teachings?
Original post by Dalek1099
If Study Leave happens than they will find it very difficult because they would get the revision in lessons.My headteacher seems pretty poor as well-a 3 minute bell for lateness and I heard a teacher in a very serious tone say "I wish he hadn't put in the 3 minute bell".The problem is that it allows people to come later to lessons on lunches but in between lessons it can be tight-especially,if the teacher keeps you back.The headteacher is also very disrespectful saying things like"How dare you..."in a behaviour assembly-it didn't work because everyone keeps laughing about him shouting"How dare you..."and I think it is disrespectful because I bet he wouldn't say that in that tone,if he was talking to parents and he was also slightly intellgentist in that he said we should listen to our teachers because of their thirst of knowledge and 10 GCSEs,3 A levels,etc-so we shouldn't listen to people who are dumb?and respect their teachings?

lol circles...
Okay, I'm saying that study leave isn't exactly miraculous, but half a week to pull together everything- especially if you're doing a subject like Art would be much appreciated! Speaking from personal experience here, really.

Your head sounds slightly self-contradictory..

Quick Reply

Latest