The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

The unofficial Best clubs/bars/nights in Leeds (2012) thread

Scroll to see replies

Tried Nation of Shopkeepers lately. Some good beers but that place is SO damn hipster and feels pretentious it's a joke! Some hipster video was on where I guess the dance floor is lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by redferry
Late to the party but Wire Wire Wire!!!!
Also I do enjoy a bit of Canal Mills

For any Hifi fans - if you go on a Sunday watch out for a pretty rapey black guy who drives there on his own sober to pick up drunk girls. No girl is too drunk or too vulnerable for him.

I'll look out :smile: people should let the bouncers know. The bouncers in there are pretty sound. They'll av him lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 82
Original post by jblackmoustache
I'll look out :smile: people should let the bouncers know. The bouncers in there are pretty sound. They'll av him lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unfortunately I am pretty sure they know him
Reply 83
Original post by JagSan
Could you give a bit more detail on those places? :smile:

Tequila Thursdays is quite messy, everyone goes there to get really drunk, I've been a fair few times and I think it's alright, just a bit packed. I prefer it here on Saturdays.

I can't really comment on Mission because the only time we were all meant to go I got a little bit too drunk at predrinks and didn't make it out aha, they all said it was wicked though

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Jippet
Tequila Thursdays is quite messy, everyone goes there to get really drunk, I've been a fair few times and I think it's alright, just a bit packed. I prefer it here on Saturdays.

I can't really comment on Mission because the only time we were all meant to go I got a little bit too drunk at predrinks and didn't make it out aha, they all said it was wicked though

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

It's like a seizure in there. Jesus, when I went in there it was a display of pretty lights :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tequila is the best night of the week. Get your tickets from me. Totally unbiased opinion.
Can you guys tel me the current busiest places for every night.

i asked before but times change.

was thinking of moving around this time last year and realized my contract's gonna be coming up in manc soon- and manchester is still as bleak as it was last year- so got me thinking about it again. it came so quick time flies by before you know it :frown:

anyhow what are the current busiest nights on every night of the week in leeds currently plz. dont care about the crowd (within reason) just what has most girls. also the biggest venues, ie like big clubs such as full moon/oceana to small pubs.

only have the rest of this month and maybe a bit of next month to decide so gotta get my thinking cap on and take a few more nights out there to make a decision.

so rec's plz cheers.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 87
Leeds has so much choice with bars/clubs. Between headingly, uni and town you have bars and pubs all the way down the main street/Otley run some of the best are..
Hyde park pub is always a good social spot for uni students
Dry Dock is great (especially on a tuesday)
Mook is a cocktail bar in town that does 2-4-1 students (a bit like Font in manchester, but more expensive)
The Terrace/Old Bar in Leeds Union (does the job)

Then clubs.. (all these nights are v popular! especially w. freshers)..
Halo is pretty big amongst the students (open monday and most weekends)
Mezz/Tequila is big on a thursday night (most girls go to mook before)
Mission (thursday night)
Mint club on mondays is popular too, look out for bigger than barry on some tuesdays too
The Space is open most nights
The Warehouse (fridays)
Propaganda (saturdays at the o2)
I've heard Bed is pretty big but I've never been before (lots of my girl-friends love it)
HIFI (recommended, esp on motown wednesdays)
The faversham (tuesdays)

Venues: these nights can cost around £6 to £14 to get in but they usually get quite a few good people to come and play some sets like SBTRKT and Jamie XX, sometimes it can be a bit of a sausage fest, but it really depends on what kind of night you go to (eg drum and bass nights won't have as many girls but deep house will) and you won't find many freshers here..
Mint Warehouse
Mint Club (on nights such as technicolour/louche)
Canal Mills (recommended)
Beaverworks (recommended)

Hope that helped! There're LOTS more places you can go but these are the most well known!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 88
Leeds has so much choice with bars/clubs. Between headlingy, uni and town you have bars and pubs all the way down the main street/Otley run some of the best are..
Hyde park pub is always a good social spot for uni students
Dry Dock is great (especially on a tuesday)
Mook is a cocktail bar in town that does 2-4-1 students (a bit like Font in manchester, but more expensive)
The Terrace/Old Bar in Leeds Union (does the job)

Then clubs.. (all these nights are v popular! especially w. freshers)..
Halo is pretty big amongst the students (open monday and most weekends)
Mezz/Tequila is big on a thursday night (most girls go to mook before)
Mission (thursday night)
Mint club on mondays is popular too, look out for bigger than barry on some tuesdays too
The Space is open most nights
The Warehouse (fridays)
Propaganda (saturdays at the o2)
I've heard Bed is pretty big but I've never been before (lots of my girl-friends love it)
HIFI (recommended, esp on motown wednesdays)
The faversham (tuesdays)

Venues: these nights can cost around £6 to £14 to get in but they usually get quite a few good people to come and play some sets like SBTRKT and Jamie XX, sometimes it can be a bit of a sausage fest, but it really depends on what kind of night you go to (eg drum and bass nights won't have as many girls but deep house will) and you won't find many freshers here..
Mint Warehouse
Mint Club (on nights such as technicolour/louche)
Canal Mills (recommended)
Beaverworks (recommended)

Hope that helped - there're a lot more places you can go but these are the most well known!
Reply 89
Checked out the new La Boheme club nights in Leeds. Awesome
Reply 90
Heading to R&B CENTRAL this saturday at LaBoheme on Cross York Street.

Went to the first one last month. rnb all night until 6am. Loved it.

Cant waitt o get on the dance floor with the girls x

Quick Reply

Latest