The Student Room Group

I'm fit & healthy, but is my belly too big?

Hi! I'm a 19 year old guy. I'm a fit person... I go cycling a lot, swimming, I walk a lot, jog, and run...

But do you think my belly looks too big when i'm sitting down? It looks slim with just a little pouchy bit when I stand up, but does it look a bit too chubby when i sit down, or is it okay?

Apologies in advance... haha

I knew I shouldn't have clicked on this thread :erm:
Reply 2
Everyone's belly looks bigger when they are sat down.
Reply 3
being fit doesn't mean being slim and healthy, theres plenty of fit fat people, the majority in this country are rugby players, in america they're american football players, in japan they're sumos, all fit people, most fat, and of the later two pretty much all unhealthy.

you look like you're fit to be a rugby player :smile:
Original post by almasy
being fit doesn't mean being slim and healthy, theres plenty of fit fat people, the majority in this country are rugby players, in america they're american football players, in japan they're sumos, all fit people, most fat, and of the later two pretty much all unhealthy.

you look like you're fit to be a rugby player :smile:

Oh come off it. :rolleyes:
Reply 5
Original post by Ferrero Rocher
Oh come off it. :rolleyes:

hahaha this.
Let's not beat around the bush, you are fat and you are not 'fit'. Cut the rugby player physique bullcrap cos he doesn't have it. People need to stop sugar coating their posts and be honest because it will help him more in the long run.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
if you are worried about it think about diet more
Reply 8
Hmm it does look like youve got a lot of fat there. It would be easier to tell if the picture wasn't of you sitting down.
If you already do a lot of cardio as you've said, try to cut down on junk food and and do some crunches and stomach exercises.
Yeah, cleaning up your diet will improve things for you. Cut out most processed foods, and also watch your salt/sodium intake as it can cause bloat. Don't fall into the trap of thinking that salt and sodium are the same on food labels though, they're not. Choose one of salt and sodium to count and do the necessary conversions if that one isn't listed on a label. Google it :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 10
Your torso looks like it just saw something really interesting.
You have some serious bloat going on there. To solve this you need to clean up your diet eg. cut out sugars, wheat, alcohol etc. Once you have done that you should notice a bit of a crop in weight and a massive drop in bloating.
It's probably best to go to the gym to work on that particular area.
Reply 13
Don't worry, you look okay, maybe jsut could be a bit more toned. As well as the cardio maybe try some ab work to tighten up that area. Not just simple ab crunches though, they are pretty ineffective. Try (google) bicycle crunches, the plank, and killer one is eleknas, seriously tightens up your core so well. Depends on your natural physique as well, my bmi is around 18 and I run and go to the gym a lot but my face and tummy tend to look chubbier than the rest of me =/
Beer/junk food belly.

Keep up the exercise, just don't drink beer or eat junk (crisps, chocolate, pizza) for a few months (after christmas) and add in a bit of interval training and you'll be sorted.

P.S ignore all the people saying do situps. Massive waste of time to get rid of a belly.
Reply 15
Original post by photographylover
Hi! I'm a 19 year old guy. I'm a fit person... I go cycling a lot, swimming, I walk a lot, jog, and run...

But do you think my belly looks too big when i'm sitting down? It looks slim with just a little pouchy bit when I stand up, but does it look a bit too chubby when i sit down, or is it okay?

Apologies in advance... haha

You definitely are not in shape.
Original post by :WTF:
You definitely are not in shape.

What do I do if I am fit, but have a belly?

How could I change my diet? What sorts of things could I eat in a day?

i'm 5ft 8" and weigh 12 stone 11lbs.
Original post by photographylover
How could I change my diet? What sorts of things could I eat in a day?

There's an example diet for weight loss in the sticky in the nutrition section mate.
Skinnyfat

Quick Reply

Latest