The Student Room Group

Being gay and going to an all boys' school for sixth form?

I'll be starting at an all boys' school for sixth form in September, which has over 1,000 boys from year 7 to 13. There will be a few girls in the sixth form, but not that many. I'm going there because it has the best grades for the subjects I want to do, as well as being very close to where my family have recently moved to.

I'm a gay guy and I'm worried about how & when to come out; I don't want to hide who I am, but I don't want to be bullied because of it. Obviously it's not going to be the first thing I tell people, but I don't want to be in the closet for two years. What do I do? Thanks! :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
You don't need to "officially" come out, just if people talk about crushes/dating/etc, talk about guys instead of girls :smile:
Reply 2
Im sure you'll fine loads of gay guys there...you'll be fine
Try not to worry about it too much. I went to an all girls school and I'm a gay girl. There was a bit of immaturity about it in low years but by the time I got to Sixth form people had (for the most part) grown up a bit and weren't fussed. There'll probably be a few idiots who are not okay with it but no more than would be in a mixed school, etc.
I second the fact that there will be some gay guys in the same position as you.
Reply 5
Man, what a **** society we live in. One where you're afraid to be who you are :frown:

Be strong buddy.
I went to an all boys school (we had classes with girls at our school AND at theirs during the sixthform) and nobody really cared if you were LGBT or straight.

My sixthform form group probably had the most LGBT guys within the school, but most of them had loads of friends. We had a couple of Muslim guys in our class too, and they were friends with the LGBT guys. Breathe. You will be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending