The Student Room Group

handing in notice at work after 2 weeks

this is my first job.. so i dont know how to approach this situation.

I been offered a job at a family friend accounting place but I been working at sportsdirect for almost two weeks now and I want to leave it for the accounting place. Do I just message the manager saying "I been offered a firm of a family friend therefore would like to hand in my noticed"?
Moved to careers. But you should hand your notice in in writing. Thanking them for giving you a job and unfortunately you have to leave etc etc. If I'm honest they might be a bit annoyed as your leaving essentially after training. But they'll get over it :h:
Original post by Proflash
this is my first job.. so i dont know how to approach this situation.

I been offered a job at a family friend accounting place but I been working at sportsdirect for almost two weeks now and I want to leave it for the accounting place. Do I just message the manager saying "I been offered a firm of a family friend therefore would like to hand in my noticed"?

Hand in your notice in writing. Be honest and just say that you have been offered another job at a family friends company. And your last day will be x date. I bet a big company like sports direct have people come and go all the time, so they should be used to it.
I know people I use to go to school with who were fired from Sports Direct within weeks of applying so I doubt they'll care too much about you leaving early. Good luck with the new job!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending