The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

University of Leeds 2014 Applicants (2015 start)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by Pollllllllllllly
Newcastle (heard back from them after a week), Oxford (but won't get in), Sheffield and Edinburgh - what about you?

1. Edinburgh
2. Leeds (offer)
3. York (offer)
4. SOAS
5. Sheffield (offer)

Need Edinburgh now!!!
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by Bc99
1. Edinburgh
2. Leeds (offer)
3. York (offer)
4. SOAS
5. Sheffield (offer)

Need Edinburgh now!!!

I'm sure you'll get Edinburgh! They're quite slow though aren't they as they offer unconditionals? What are you applying for?
Original post by KatieCod
For everyone who has received offers..how long after they received your application did you receive your offer?

2 weeks:smile:
Reply 183
I'm sure you'll get Edinburgh! They're quite slow though aren't they as they offer unconditionals? What are you applying for?

Don't really know, I hope they do. They won't offer anything until 2015. And History (V100).
Reply 184

Yeah let's hope they come back soon but I don't think I'll get an offer or even an unconditional, but you probably will if you're applying to Oxford!
Original post by DejAA
I want to apply to leeds, but I'm scared I may not get in. I'm a "B" student and I want to study international business. Any thoughts ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're looking at AAA then? That's the grades because I'm applying for the same course ^^ are you entitled to apply for access to Leeds scheme? If you completed that you may be able to receive an ABB offer. If you received that offer there might be a chance of getting in with triple B. It all depends on others applying! I'd suggest you have a very strong personal statement though :smile: good luck!
Original post by Bc99
Yeah let's hope they come back soon but I don't think I'll get an offer or even an unconditional, but you probably will if you're applying to Oxford!

I don't think I'll get Oxford and I haven't got Sheffield either (hopefully yet)! I'm hoping that if I manage to get Sheffield it might be slightly lower because I'm doing something similar to EPQ and I've seen they've taken EPQ into consideration before and given lower offers!
For everyone who has received offers..how long after they received your application did you receive your offer?

6 days after I applied on UCAS and 5 days after the acknowledgement letter

13 days after I got the email that my department had my application
I'VE GOT AN OFFER. I cried. Not even going to lie. Now 'all' I need to do is get three As :tongue: and it took me just under three weeks from submitting my application
Original post by IfOnlyItWereEasy
I'VE GOT AN OFFER. I cried. Not even going to lie. Now 'all' I need to do is get three As :tongue: and it took me just under three weeks from submitting my application

Congrats!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got an Offer for Actuarial Mathematics AAA-A*AB (first grade quoted maths):smile:
Hey! Was wondering if anyone knew what the informal interview days were like?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 193
Original post by Jakebarker1605
Just got an Offer for Actuarial Mathematics AAA-A*AB (first grade quoted maths):smile:

Congrats man out of curiosity what are your predicted grades and how long did you have to wait after you received your acknowledgement email? I've applied for the same course and Leeds is my first choice so I'm bricking it right now
Econ
Predicted grades A*A*A*A, actual AS gardes 4As.
I applied to Oxford, Durham, UCL and St Andrew as well.
Haven't got any offer yet. Leeds just asked for my high school transcript as I'm a international applicant.
🙈🙈🙈
I'm also applying to Leeds for International Business, but also Management (through A2L, meaning entry grades will be ABB/AAC/BBB:tongue:) with AS Grades in BB (both very close to an A) and an A level grade C, do you think i'll get an offer with predicted grades AAC?
Original post by wyliecaton
I just got an offer! AAB standard, BBB with Access to Leeds for Criminal Justice & Criminology :smile: any one else on the access scheme or applying/got an offer from criminal justice and criminology?

Got an email today saying that I've got a place on the scheme (:
Reply 197
Hi folks!

What course are you thinking of applying for?
Applied for English lit :P (anyone else?)

What are you currently studying?
I'm on a gap year, but I previously studied English lit, history and psychology, got A*A*A somehow :biggrin:

Why Leeds?
Big city, great nightlife, very close to me, Northern (ey up!), the city itself is lovely and has great vintage shops and I know people there already

Have you been to visit?
Yes! I practically live in Leeds most weekends :smile:
Original post by beaverhausen
Got an email today saying that I've got a place on the scheme (:

I got on the scheme too, I have received my standard offer but my lower offer hasn't updated yet :smile: Has yours updated?
Original post by JamesJones777
I got on the scheme too, I have received my standard offer but my lower offer hasn't updated yet :smile: Has yours updated?

No D; They said they've sent it to the relevant department to be considered, I'm assuming once the department a-okays it they'll send an email saying it's been updated with a A2L offer.

Quick Reply

Latest