The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

University of Leeds 2014 Applicants (2015 start)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by swoods2308
x

YAAAAAAAAAAAY!! I'm so excited right now, it's like there's no one on here that's applying for Leeds or psychology at Leeds even. Are you applying for the Bsc or Msci course they offer? Also where else are you applying? I'm also sending mine off this week and it would most likely be my first choice if I get an offer.

Original post by tryingmybest
x

Well done on those predictions, hoping you get an offer! I don't know much about that department but it sounds very exciting. And I love that it's a mixture as well, campus nearby the city but still some greenery parts (that'll be the only change from London). Where else are you applying to?
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by tryingmybest
Hey I'm applying for Broadcast Journalism. I'm currently studying History, Sociology and English Literature and am predicted three As at A2. I loved the mix of old and new buildings at Leeds and the fact that despite being in a large industrial city there's greenery on the campus. When I visited the media and communications department the staff were very approachable and helpful unlike some of the universities I've visited.

I love the campus and city! Also its not too far from home for me. I think the accommodation looked nice too and I love all of the buildings there:smile: I just love everything about the uni haha!
Original post by beaverhausen
YAAAAAAAAAAAY!! I'm so excited right now, it's like there's no one on here that's applying for Leeds or psychology at Leeds even. Are you applying for the Bsc or Msci course they offer? Also where else are you applying? I'm also sending mine off this week and it would most likely be my first choice if I get an offer.

Yay! I know I haven't really seen anyone talking about psychology in any threads so far!! I'm applying for the BSc you? I'm applying to Leeds, Manchester, Birmingham, Northumbria and Kingston. Where else are you applying? Leeds is my favourite I will be the happiest person ever if I get an offer:biggrin:
Yay! I know I haven't really seen anyone talking about psychology in any threads so far!! I'm applying for the BSc you? I'm applying to Leeds, Manchester, Birmingham, Northumbria and Kingston. Where else are you applying? Leeds is my favourite I will be the happiest person ever if I get an offer:biggrin:

I'm applying for the Msci course, fingers crossed I get a place. If it's anything like Bath that only has 10 spaces available it'll be very competitive. I'm applying to Bath, Birmingham (2/5 of a chance seeing you now aha XD), Cardiff and Loughborough. I've mainly aimed at places that offer a placement year, I'm hoping to go into clinical psychology.
I'm applying for the Msci course, fingers crossed I get a place. If it's anything like Bath that only has 10 spaces available it'll be very competitive. I'm applying to Bath, Birmingham (2/5 of a chance seeing you now aha XD), Cardiff and Loughborough. I've mainly aimed at places that offer a placement year, I'm hoping to go into clinical psychology.

aw good luck! They will probably consider you for the BSc even if they don't accept you for the MSci, I heard that's what they do at Birmingham! Yeah I really wanna do a placement year too:biggrin: I'm hoping to do forensic psychology when I've finished my degree, aw I hope you get your offers!
aw good luck! They will probably consider you for the BSc even if they don't accept you for the MSci, I heard that's what they do at Birmingham! Yeah I really wanna do a placement year too:biggrin: I'm hoping to do forensic psychology when I've finished my degree, aw I hope you get your offers!

Yeah they do that, plus if I don't get in first time round there's a chance later on I can get on it if I work really hard from the start. One of my best friends wants to go into forensic psychology too! I hope you get yours too! (: How are you finding psych at A2?
Yeah they do that, plus if I don't get in first time round there's a chance later on I can get on it if I work really hard from the start. One of my best friends wants to go into forensic psychology too! I hope you get yours too! (: How are you finding psych at A2?

Yeah that's good! Aw thanks:biggrin: I think it's quite good at the minute, it's really interesting! even though one of my teachers has been off for two weeks and isn't back until half term:frown: but I think its going quite well! what modules are you doing?
Yeah that's good! Aw thanks:biggrin: I think it's quite good at the minute, it's really interesting! even though one of my teachers has been off for two weeks and isn't back until half term:frown: but I think its going quite well! what modules are you doing?

Aw, that sucks. I remember last year one of our psych classes went through 5 teachers in the whole year due to an assortment of reasons, but most of them managed luckily. For unit 3 we're doing relationships, eating behaviour and aggression. Unit 4 is schizophrenia, addictive behaviour and research methods, you?
Aw, that sucks. I remember last year one of our psych classes went through 5 teachers in the whole year due to an assortment of reasons, but most of them managed luckily. For unit 3 we're doing relationships, eating behaviour and aggression. Unit 4 is schizophrenia, addictive behaviour and research methods, you?

My teacher did the same last year just before the exams and was off for a few weeks! But it all ended up okay:smile: I'm doing biological rhythms, eating behaviour and aggression for unit 3 and schizophrenia, media and research methods for unit 4! how are you finding it so far this year?
Applied for BSc Geography, with AAB at AS
My teacher did the same last year just before the exams and was off for a few weeks! But it all ended up okay:smile: I'm doing biological rhythms, eating behaviour and aggression for unit 3 and schizophrenia, media and research methods for unit 4! how are you finding it so far this year?

I'm having a love/hate relationship with eating behaviour because at times it can be sooooo boring! But then there are interesting bits that keep me going. Relationships is pretty snazzy, my teacher joked that we were now skilled in the art of getting crushes to like us... through manipulation and psychology hahaha. I think it's just the heavy biological stuff from E.B that bores me a little and takes me a while to get my head around but other than that it's pretty good.
Original post by adhughes2
Applied for BSc Geography, with AAB at AS

Good luck! Is Leeds one of your top choices or a backup?
Good luck! Is Leeds one of your top choices or a backup?

Thankyou, good luck to you too :smile: and it is one of my top choices along with Newcastle, just praying I get an offer!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 33
Will do! I know I said it was between Leeds or Bath but I think ultimately I'd be way happier at Leeds I think. I wish you all the best <333

They're both really good unis but completely different cities! I wish you the best of luck too! <3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
Original post by Alex347_
Thank you :biggrin:. It came on Thursday, I was and still am elated haha.

That's really good! Have you heard from anywhere else?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What course are you thinking of applying for?
MChem Medicinal Chemistry

What are you currently studying?
Chemistry, Maths and Physics (AS was Spanish)

Why Leeds?
​Good course, accredited by RSC, option of sandwich year, really good facilities and research programmes. Also, it's close to the rugby :tongue:

Have you been to visit?
Visiting the uni next month, but I've been to Leeds a lot when I was younger

I got an offer on Thursday :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by womanofsteel
x

Congrats on the offer!

Original post by adhughes2
Thankyou, good luck to you too :smile: and it is one of my top choices along with Newcastle, just praying I get an offer!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! (:

Original post by grx_
They're both really good unis but completely different cities! I wish you the best of luck too! <3
Posted from TSR Mobile

Very, very different. But I've been to Bath and it's a beautiful city, it's just a matter of whether I could hack small for the next few years aha
Congrats on the offer!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! (:

Very, very different. But I've been to Bath and it's a beautiful city, it's just a matter of whether I could hack small for the next few years aha

Original post by grx_
That's really good! Have you heard from anywhere else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes Aberdeen but they haven't updated my Track, despite sending an offer letter in September! Newcastle, Lancaster and Durham haven't made me an offer, but Lancaster say that they make decisions in 10-15 working days, and tomorrow will be working day 11, so I should hear from them soon.
I'm having a love/hate relationship with eating behaviour because at times it can be sooooo boring! But then there are interesting bits that keep me going. Relationships is pretty snazzy, my teacher joked that we were now skilled in the art of getting crushes to like us... through manipulation and psychology hahaha. I think it's just the heavy biological stuff from E.B that bores me a little and takes me a while to get my head around but other than that it's pretty good.

I haven't started eating behaviour yet I've only been doing aggression and biological rhythms so far but I'm starting eating behaviour this week I think! Hahaha! I wish I was doing relationships I've heard a few people say it's good!

Quick Reply

Latest