The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

University of Leeds 2014 Applicants (2015 start)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by beaverhausen
Ah that's awesome! I'll see you there! I've already booked my train ticket to avoid high prices, but I've decided to stay on a bit later after the open day has ended to explore the actual city to get a real feel of the place.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm coming on the 4th too! What have you applied for?
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by Missgeehughes
I'm coming on the 4th too! What have you applied for?

I've applied for advanced psychology ((: you?
Ah that's awesome! I'll see you there! I've already booked my train ticket to avoid high prices, but I've decided to stay on a bit later after the open day has ended to explore the actual city to get a real feel of the place.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep see you there! Same I think, I'm pretty sure I'm going to book on a train that leaves for London at 5:45 so I've got some time too which will be good.
I've applied for advanced psychology ((: you?

Ahhh that's awesome (although I'm not sure how anyone could hack psychology at degree level- you're brave :wink:), I've applied for law :smile:
Original post by amforsyth
Yep see you there! Same I think, I'm pretty sure I'm going to book on a train that leaves for London at 5:45 so I've got some time too which will be good.

I'm coming from London too! What a small world ;D I've booked the 6:15 to head back to London. I don't know how I'm going to make the train for 9 in the morning, I completely forgot that I had booked tickets to see Les Mis the night before.

Ahhh that's awesome (although I'm not sure how anyone could hack psychology at degree level- you're brave :wink:), I've applied for law :smile:

Haha, I could say the same for you! Are you looking forward to the open day or have you been before?
I'm coming from London too! What a small world ;D I've booked the 6:15 to head back to London. I don't know how I'm going to make the train for 9 in the morning, I completely forgot that I had booked tickets to see Les Mis the night before.

Haha well I'm coming from Kent so I've still got to get a tube and another train after London, and my train in the morning comes at 8! Ah have fun, it's such a good show!
Reply 586

I have applied for law too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by amforsyth
Haha well I'm coming from Kent so I've still got to get a tube and another train after London, and my train in the morning comes at 8! Ah have fun, it's such a good show!

I'm in Greater London so I've got a bit of travelling to do myself; bus, then tram then train then a tube haha. They don't make it easy XD I've heard it's brilliant, I'm really looking forward to it, have you seen it on stage before?
I'm in Greater London so I've got a bit of travelling to do myself; bus, then tram then train then a tube haha. They don't make it easy XD I've heard it's brilliant, I'm really looking forward to it, have you seen it on stage before?

I saw Les Mis about a year ago on West End - Fantastic Show! Would also recommend the Book of Mormon, and Phantom of the Opera, Miss Saigon looks amazing too
Original post by Konnorb97
I saw Les Mis about a year ago on West End - Fantastic Show! Would also recommend the Book of Mormon, and Phantom of the Opera, Miss Saigon looks amazing too

You're making me even more excited to see it, I loved the movie and can only imagine seeing it performed on stage would be so much better and all the more goose-bump inducing. I have a friend who absolutely loves Phantom of the Opera, I want to try and visit the theatre more often but it really isn't cheap. I'm luck that my friend told me about this theatre group that sells theatre tickets for as little as a fiver, that's how much I paid to see Wicked last summer and now for Les Mis.

Original post by Konnorb97

Yeah I saw it about a month ago and it was amazing! 1000x better than the film, which was amazing anyway. I also went to see Miss Saigon recently and it was SO good! (I'm a bit of a theatre fanatic aha)

Haha, I could say the same for you! Are you looking forward to the open day or have you been before?

I've been before, but I looked at another course originally because I liked the course so much, but it created difficulties writing my personal statement etc. So I'm looking forward to seeing the law school properly! How about you?
Original post by rkhan57
I have applied for law too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awesome!! Have you had an offer? Where else have you applied? :smile:
I've been before, but I looked at another course originally because I liked the course so much, but it created difficulties writing my personal statement etc. So I'm looking forward to seeing the law school properly! How about you?

This will be the first time I'm visiting. I made a point not to visit any universities last summer because I didn't want to make a wasted trip in case I didn't make the grades but fell in love with the place. In the end I only went to visit Bath last October, really beautiful place and nice campus but it was a little too small for my liking. I knew from that visit that I would be much happier in a city, hence Leeds! ;D
Reply 594
Awesome!! Have you had an offer? Where else have you applied? :smile:

Yes have you? I'm going to see leeds on the 4th Wbu? And I have offers from Birmingham, Newcastle, Sheffield and interview for York. Wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rkhan57
Yes have you? I'm going to see leeds on the 4th Wbu? And I have offers from Birmingham, Newcastle, Sheffield and interview for York. Wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm going on the 4th too! Nice, they're really good options. Where are you thinking of firming/insuring? I've had an interview at Cambridge (which wasn't successful), Leeds, Leicester and I'm waiting on Kings College London and Warwick!
This will be the first time I'm visiting. I made a point not to visit any universities last summer because I didn't want to make a wasted trip in case I didn't make the grades but fell in love with the place. In the end I only went to visit Bath last October, really beautiful place and nice campus but it was a little too small for my liking. I knew from that visit that I would be much happier in a city, hence Leeds! ;D

That would have been the worst thing, you took the smart option! Mm bath is lovely, wish I could have applied there! Ahhh yeah if you're into big cities, then Leeds is the one for you, it's buzzing :biggrin:
Reply 597
I'm going on the 4th too! Nice, they're really good options. Where are you thinking of firming/insuring? I've had an interview at Cambridge (which wasn't successful), Leeds, Leicester and I'm waiting on Kings College London and Warwick!

Oh wow they are good choices, who will you firm?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rkhan57
Oh wow they are good choices, who will you firm?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If I got KCL I would firm them and insure Leeds! :smile: wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 599
If I got KCL I would firm them and insure Leeds! :smile: wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am stuck between Leeds and Birmingham, I can't decide because they are quite similar.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest