The Student Room Group

Anyone doing Education Research out there...?

Anyone else doing an Education Research postgrad at all? I was wondering as I've just started an MRes in Education, and all the threads on this sub-section seem to point towards graduate teaching programmes. Am I in the minority?
I'm not doing what you are doing, but as part of my doctorate I am doing research based in education, altho it's psychology. Not sure what I'm doing yet tho!
Hi there. Mine is a Masters :smile:. How is it getting on to a doctorate? I'm aspiring to do a PhD next but all I seem to hear is negativity about the application process!
Original post by WestieLover1993
Hi there. Mine is a Masters :smile:. How is it getting on to a doctorate? I'm aspiring to do a PhD next but all I seem to hear is negativity about the application process!

Well I'm doing a professional doctorate rather than a traditional research doctorate (altho I do research too) so I don't really know I'm afraid. There's the Postgraduate forum on here where you can find out more tho :smile:
Original post by WestieLover1993
Anyone else doing an Education Research postgrad at all? I was wondering as I've just started an MRes in Education, and all the threads on this sub-section seem to point towards graduate teaching programmes. Am I in the minority?

Yep, you and I are in the minority - I've just finished a MA in Education and started an EdD.

Lots of people who do education research degrees are, like me, older part-timers who combine their study with working in education in some capacity or other - and are therefore less likely to be on TSR :redface:

PhD application straight after Masters is tricky in Education but not impossible, good luck :smile:
Well I'm doing an MSc from a Department of Education.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending