The Student Room Group

Will universities know my exact marks for exams?

I want to study economics at uni however i got one mark off an A at gcse and a grade A at least is required for most unis. I'm in year 12 right now (not doing maths as my school only allow people with a grade A or above to do it) and wondering if i should retake gcse maths in the summer. Should I or does it not really matter? Will Unis know that i was one mark off?
Reply 1
They might be able to look at your transcript. Its possible. But they probably won't. Have you spoke to your teachers about getting any coursework or exams remarked?
Original post by KSIOlajideBT
I want to study economics at uni however i got one mark off an A at gcse and a grade A at least is required for most unis. I'm in year 12 right now (not doing maths as my school only allow people with a grade A or above to do it) and wondering if i should retake gcse maths in the summer. Should I or does it not really matter? Will Unis know that i was one mark off?

Loving the username ^_^

No point resitting.
Original post by KSIOlajideBT

I don't know much about Economics courses but if the course explicitly says that an A grade is required then yes, it may be best to retake or else they probably will not consider you.

They will be able to see that you have retaken (as you will end up with another certificate, so will have to declare both grades) but they won't know that you were just one mark off. :no:
(edited 9 years ago)
Posted on TheStudentRoom
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Anonynmous
Loving the username ^_^

No point resitting.

Lol kinda regret the username haha
Thanks for helping!

Quick Reply

Latest