The Student Room Group
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website

Anyone worried about Wolverhampton not in the rankings

Just wondering out of curiosity as i am considering this uni if anyone applying has taken into account before deciding that this uni is not ranked and has that effected your decision to apply or not
It’s a personal decision. I’ve been offered a place at a top 10, but I’m not taking it because I prefer one further down the ‘league table’. It’s all subjective. Go where YOU prefer.
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website
Reply 2
Nope. You get out what you put in imo.
Reply 3
Have a look at the jobs you may want after uni. I did and was amazed at how many will only consider you if you went to a top 10 or 50 uni :/ If the jobs you are interested in don't care about uni ranking then you shouldn't either and should go to the one you like the best.
After one year at wolves (finish in 4 weeks) doing BSc Computer Science I can honestly advice not to be worried. I was when I first applied but as others have said; you get out what you put in. The reason they don't register is to do with how ethically they don't believe in league tables; they feel it makes education too competitive and that it breeds exclusivity and elitism.
Either way, it's a solid university with highly qualified staff who are able to find time for you and are extremely friendly.
Ranking is irrelevant unless you're doing a degree such as Law where future employers prefer higher ranked unis or a really competitive grad scheme which wants a 'top 10 graduate' (I've only ever seen it stated explicitly in one job advertisement). Most grad schemes don't care so long as you have a 2.1, general employers (i.e. non-grad roles) don't have a clue and anyone outside of education either couldn't care less or doesn't have a clue. So just do a degree you like at a uni you like because barely anyone actually cares.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending