The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Perhaps this isn't the best place to advise each other about the entrance exams and interviews (seeing as so many other applicants apparently read what we post).
Reply 381
no i haven't...
i will get it!!!
do you like poetry???
Reply 382
snehame
i didnt think anything i just hoped it was the five us only!!!!
*not even in my wildest dreams*

I just thought everyone knew that competition is very very big this yr. Well the prospectus is a bit misleading as it says 260 applicants but oh no! not this year!
ough789
I took maths, english, economics and RS

I had never done RS or economics before

You've never done RS? And my teacher said it was compulsory...

How did you find Maths? I only answered 13 1/2 questions; I drew a blank on the team quiz one (although I figured out where I went wrong about 2 minutes after the exam finished), and I didn't have time for 15b. Oh well.

But how many did you do? Because it's been said that "Maths" as opposed to "FM" applicants are only expected to answer about half the questions, and people were complaining about how hard it was, but they seemed pretty easy to me?
Reply 384
snehame
no i haven't...
i will get it!!!
do you like poetry???

yh the book is by an Indian writer! Of course I like poetry, otherwise why would I apply to do English? hehe
Reply 385
yes i knew it was huge...my cousin who is like this brilliant guy was rejected from westminster but he got into winchester....
rupertj
They were easy. I answered them all but the team quiz question, and like you, I realised my mistake about two minutes after the exam ended. However, I know I made a mistake in 15b, but I can't see what else i could have lost marks on.

Sneha, what do your parents do, just out of interest?

Did you do Maths and FM or just plain Maths?
Reply 387
ough789
yh the book is by an Indian writer! Of course I like poetry, otherwise why would I apply to do English? hehe

heh....
do you like the poem 'Prayer Before Birth' by louis macniece its amazing....
and ya i know arundathi roy but i never have never read her works...
Reply 388
well my dads into real estate and my moms an actress
Reply 389
arson
You've never done RS? And my teacher said it was compulsory...

How did you find Maths? I only answered 13 1/2 questions; I drew a blank on the team quiz one (although I figured out where I went wrong about 2 minutes after the exam finished), and I didn't have time for 15b. Oh well.

But how many did you do? Because it's been said that "Maths" as opposed to "FM" applicants are only expected to answer about half the questions, and people were complaining about how hard it was, but they seemed pretty easy to me?

well I read the prospectus and for RS they said that RS GCSEs are not cumpulsory. I also spoke to a really nice RS teacher on open day and she confirmed it. for the exams they told us to indicate on the top of our exam papers if we were doing RS GCSEs. So I put that I wasn't. But the exam was pretty easy just two essay questions.

I attempted 14 questions but I think I left out 2 questions. I personally found it quite difficult but do-able. Maths was the only exam that I think might hav let my application down. =( I had 5 mins to spare because it was the 1st exam of the day and I literally ran into C hall with 5 mins to go. Stupid lONDON BUSES! I was panicky and I couldnt think straight. grrrrr
Reply 390
snehame
heh....

Ill try to read those poems and tell you what I think. yh Roy is an amazing writer but shame 'God of Small Things' is her only work....
Reply 391
for math the problem was that i over prepared....
and indian maths is like totally different
Reply 392
snehame
heh....

no I havnt read those poems I will!!! yh Roy is an amazing writer, shame she only wrote one book
rupertj
Further Maths too. Right now, although I'm not taking any exams, I'm doing C2, and you're doing C3 and C4 you say, so I guess we do have an advantage.

Wow, you must be the Hugo to my Bart! Actually, I'm sitting C3 and C4 in June, so I haven't really started any of that.

I don't think we have an advantage as such, because none of the questions required any advanced knowledge; it was just a matter of understanding what they were asking for.
In fact, it might work the other way in that they'd expect more from us.

D'oh.
Reply 394
ough789
Ill try to read those poems and tell you what I think. yh Roy is an amazing writer but **** 'God of Small Things' is her only work....

no its not her only work she has written loads of books...
google it!!!
Reply 395
snehame
for math the problem was that i over prepared....
and indian maths is like totally different

well this is where 'the student room' saved me!
Reply 396
do you know i got the gcse revision book and finished it in 2 weeks!!!
and i worked on past papers....got them from one of my cous who is a math teacher
Reply 397
Wishing All Of You The Best Of Luck!!!!
Praying That We Really Get In!!!!
Reply 398
snehame
do you know i got the gcse revision book and finished it in 2 weeks!!!
and i worked on past papers....got them from one of my cous who is a math teacher

well I hate to tell you this but the prospectus did say that 'tesing understanding rather than rote learning'
Reply 399
well i just couldn't walk in knowing nothing
as i told our maths is totally different!!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending