The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

can you change residences after being allocated one?

How likely is it to be successful? Can you find out if it's full before changing? I haven't accepted my allocated one yet i have til the 24th.
Reply 1
hi! I emailed residences the day before yesterday telling them that I was unhappy with my allocated residence (university hall!!) I wasn't really very hopeful, but low and behold i've been allocated to Talybont North today! deffo worth it, email them to see. what is there to lose? just accept the offer first, as I had accepted mine and had no problems changing, in case they don't respond as positively to you and you miss out on accommodation completely! I'm so shocked at how quickly they've responded, cardiff must actually care about their students?haha. good luck!
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Original post by greader
hi! I emailed residences the day before yesterday telling them that I was unhappy with my allocated residence (university hall!!) I wasn't really very hopeful, but low and behold i've been allocated to Talybont North today! deffo worth it, email them to see. what is there to lose? just accept the offer first, as I had accepted mine and had no problems changing, in case they don't respond as positively to you and you miss out on accommodation completely! I'm so shocked at how quickly they've responded, cardiff must actually care about their students?haha. good luck!

What!? I emailed them and they told me I had to wait until the 30th to apply for a switch!
Reply 3
Original post by rolodopus
What!? I emailed them and they told me I had to wait until the 30th to apply for a switch!

That's weird... Maybe I sounded really desperate in my email? Haha. I said that I wanted a welsh speaking flat, which may have changed my circumstance to your's slightly? That's crazy that you have to wait so long. Doesn't make sense?
Original post by greader
That's weird... Maybe I sounded really desperate in my email? Haha. I said that I wanted a welsh speaking flat, which may have changed my circumstance to your's slightly? That's crazy that you have to wait so long. Doesn't make sense?

To be fair, wanting to be around people who speak Welsh is probably a better reason than 'I can't be asked to catch a bus into campus.'
Reply 5
Original post by rolodopus

That's what they ended up saying to me, but i'm lucky to still be pretty close, as i hate walking for long, but i couldn't use that, so i just ended saying somehing about catering. I should have thought harder :tongue: What's the main difference between houses and halls? I'm hardly sure what 'private' housing even means?
Reply 6
Original post by greader

They ended up saying i had to wait til 30th sept, unless medical conditions. The housing is still good, i'm just unsure about the 'private' housing. What's the difference? It's more expensive which worried me, but they changed things like ensuite to shared bathroom to hopefully make up some of the difference.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending