University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Nursing at uclan tests

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Millie_09
Hi,
I applied around the November period and didn`t receive a response until the 8th December, which then I was invited to a test day for Thursday 14th.
Considering there were alot of candidates, I assume they only started their test day from January.
Though, goodluck! I`m sure you`ll get a response x @kjp06

Thank you. That's good to know. I wasn't expecting to hear back yet until I read through the forums and saw people had been for interviews etc since November. There has probably been an influx of applications this week so could take a while!
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
I applied mid November. Invited fot test about 2 weeks later , then found out passed a week after test and invited to interview for 1st week in Jan
Original post by Millie_09
@kmariewalsh @Shadowsfear
Hi guys, I also had my uclan tests yesterday for child nursing, & I agree on calculators not being supplied as it does place candidates at a disadvantage
goodluck! x

We were clearly told to bring them with us ( and most of us did!) so those who didn't unfortunately were.
Though if fairness, most/if not all could have been answered without one..just the working out would have taken longer.
Reply 43
I have my interview coming up for child nursing
Any tips on the tests ??
Anyone got an offer yet ??
Reply 44
Original post by Butterflies198
I applied mid November. Invited fot test about 2 weeks later , then found out passed a week after test and invited to interview for 1st week in Jan

Hope your interview went well. Was it just an individual one?
Have you heard back yet or did they tell you when to expect a response?
I'm still waiting on a response from my application 😬 working on the no news is good news.. I've had 2 rejections and 1 invite to interview. Waiting on uclan and salford
Original post by kjp06
Hope your interview went well. Was it just an individual one?
Have you heard back yet or did they tell you when to expect a response?
I'm still waiting on a response from my application 😬 working on the no news is good news.. I've had 2 rejections and 1 invite to interview. Waiting on uclan and salford

Hi i thought it went well , was just 121 but my friends who went with me got offers a week later. I didnt . I called last week and told i wouldnt hear until March so im not hopeful. They did say no news is good news though. Its pretty much my last hope but i do have Chester at the end of the month. Little bit far though i think x
Reply 46
Hi i thought it went well , was just 121 but my friends who went with me got offers a week later. I didnt . I called last week and told i wouldnt hear until March so im not hopeful. They did say no news is good news though. Its pretty much my last hope but i do have Chester at the end of the month. Little bit far though i think x

Fingers crossed for you. I have heard if you really aren't right or are very very good you hear straight away and they hold all other offers until all interviews are done. So you're still in the race.
I think uclan will be my reserve if I get that far. Just from a location point as I will be living at home in Lancaster.
Who did you ring btw. I infer if I should to see when I can expect to hear
Original post by kjp06
Fingers crossed for you. I have heard if you really aren't right or are very very good you hear straight away and they hold all other offers until all interviews are done. So you're still in the race.
I think uclan will be my reserve if I get that far. Just from a location point as I will be living at home in Lancaster.
Who did you ring btw. I infer if I should to see when I can expect to hear

Yes she said that shes very quick to reject applicants she doesnt like and rarely gives out offers early as she does it as a gathered field im March. I just rang admissions general number. Have you not heard anything at all? I will also be living at home in Preston so Uclan is ideal. I wad rejected from edge hill manchester and ljmu without even an interview!
Reply 48
Yes she said that shes very quick to reject applicants she doesnt like and rarely gives out offers early as she does it as a gathered field im March. I just rang admissions general number. Have you not heard anything at all? I will also be living at home in Preston so Uclan is ideal. I wad rejected from edge hill manchester and ljmu without even an interview!

I have an interview at Cumbria but not until May. Had rejections from edge hill and Manchester also.
Haven't heard from Salford or uclan. The waiting is nerve racking. Although I'm a mature student so won't need to wait for results at least. Maybe will try ringing at the end of next week if I've not heard anything
Original post by kjp06
I have an interview at Cumbria but not until May. Had rejections from edge hill and Manchester also.
Haven't heard from Salford or uclan. The waiting is nerve racking. Although I'm a mature student so won't need to wait for results at least. Maybe will try ringing at the end of next week if I've not heard anything

When did you apply? May is a long wait! Im a mature student too , doing an access course though so should know before results if iv done enough! Is it Childrens youve applied for ?
Reply 50
When did you apply? May is a long wait! Im a mature student too , doing an access course though so should know before results if iv done enough! Is it Childrens youve applied for ?

Beginning of jan... Took me a while to build up to writing my personal statement. I kept putting it off! Then had to wait forever for my reference to come through.
May is ages off I was tempted to ring and see if I could go sooner but they don't notify until 5th may so atleast I find out straight away.
Yes it's children's I've applied for. I have gambled this year as I've not done the access course but I have got a previous degree. Uclan were quite positive about that when I contacted them last year Cumbria were dismissive yet I have an interview with them so time will tell. Nerve racking!!
Original post by kjp06
Beginning of jan... Took me a while to build up to writing my personal statement. I kept putting it off! Then had to wait forever for my reference to come through.
May is ages off I was tempted to ring and see if I could go sooner but they don't notify until 5th may so atleast I find out straight away.
Yes it's children's I've applied for. I have gambled this year as I've not done the access course but I have got a previous degree. Uclan were quite positive about that when I contacted them last year Cumbria were dismissive yet I have an interview with them so time will tell. Nerve racking!!

Oh well maybe give them a call . Have they sent you confirmation they recieved it? Good luck with it all. Your right its all nerve wracking but everyone will get where they want to be im sure !
Reply 52
Hi there. I have recently been invited to a Numeracy/Literacy test for Adult Nursing at UCLan which I applied for. I'm excited but also very nervous as I haven't done any form of maths since I left High School 4 years ago, I will be completing some practice questions etc to refresh my memory. Could you give me any tips on the tests, both maths and english. It would be great to know what I will be expecting and what to revise. XX
Hi there, Firstly try not worrying too much...I would advise doing sample maths paper for nursing definitely help.Alongside, covering topics such as percentages, ratios, multiplying/dividing/subtracting/adding fractions and possibly drug calculations. (p.s it`s a calculator paper)Goodluck x

Original post by helxxxx
Hi there. I have recently been invited to a Numeracy/Literacy test for Adult Nursing at UCLan which I applied for. I'm excited but also very nervous as I haven't done any form of maths since I left High School 4 years ago, I will be completing some practice questions etc to refresh my memory. Could you give me any tips on the tests, both maths and english. It would be great to know what I will be expecting and what to revise. XX
Reply 54
Original post by March2016
Hi I did my tests on the 27th November and passed, not sure of the pass mark though? I did my interview on Wednesday last week and found out yesterday I'm in 😀xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

what was the question is English exam about

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending