The Student Room Group

Morrisons wont let me have summer holiday off to go home :(

I work at morrisons whilst I am at university, and I thought it was pretty standard practice that employers let you go home during the holidays. Today I was told Morrisons wouldnt let me do this, and I dont know what to do :s-smilie:

They say id have to transfer to a store near to me if I went home, but I dont have one near me (nearest one is about 50 miles away!) . I think its really unfair, because it took me ages to find this job and I really need it whilst Im at uni.

Can anyone suggest something I can do? Do most of your employers let you go home over the summer?
It is pretty unfair. Can you find some sort of accommodation during the summer and then try and get a couple of weeks back at home rather than your entire stay? It would be quite unfair on them if you just left for 10 weeks or so...
If you didnt discuss it with them when you accepted the job that you would require holidays off its your own fault really, but its pretty unreasonable of them in my opinion. Its not like there wont be plenty of people looking for a job over the summer who could cover for you.

Regardless of how badly I needed that job id tell them to sod off and stop being so petty about it.
Sack the job in. Get another one next year, now that you have experience at working in Morrisons you should be more employable. I used to work full-time during the summer hols so I didn't have to work during term time, much better imho.
Typical morrisons.

I have worked there whilst doing my A levels and half of my gap year and plan on going back for the summer, and holidays when im back from uni.

However my morrisons are pretty cool, i get on well with all my superiors haha so they allow quite alot.

Basically man, i would quit the job, find another for summer full time, and try and go back to the new job on holidays away from uni. get the money that way.

Latest

Trending

Trending