The Student Room Group

My Placement Company pushed back my start date..

I've been sponsored by a medium sized construction company and I was given a start date and I was supposed to start about a month ago. About 4 days before I was supposed to start I got a call from HR saying that I shouldn't come in on that date as my line manager isn't in as they have an illness in the family and that they have to find a replacement before I can start.

I've been contacting HR about once every week or two asking if there's any progress on giving me an actual date to start and they just keep saying 'I'll come back to your line manager with a start date'.

I honestly wouldn't mind being delayed like this if I had a new start date. The fact I don't have a start date at all and it's been a few weeks is really starting to make me worry. I can't make any plans beyond a week just in case I could be working the next week. I'd hate to think how I'd pay the rent of accommodation without working if I wasn't staying at home.. I just feel kinda helpless at the moment and can't think of anything more I can do but keep contacting HR and my placement tutor at university :frown:
There isn't much else you can do. This is life and things like this happen. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending