The Student Room Group

How late can you be enetered for an exam?

For reasons I won't bore you with, I'm thinking about making a very late entry for an exam. I know I should see my school's exams officer, but I'm not in school today. The OCR site was not really clear about this too. So, my question is - what is the absolute latest possible date you can be entered for an exam?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I think you can enter on the day as long as there are spare papers
tvqueen1905
I think you can enter on the day as long as there are spare papers

Nah, I'm sure it had to be done in March due to all the paperwork :rolleyes:

Might be worth asking if you can turn up on the day though
Reply 3
Muppety_Kid
Nah, I'm sure it had to be done in March due to all the paperwork :rolleyes:

Might be worth asking if you can turn up on the day though

somebody on the TSR said on the day

i am unsure
made_of_fail
For reasons I won't bore you with, I'm thinking about making a very late entry for an exam. I know I should see my school's exams officer, but I'm not in school today. The OCR site was not really clear about this too. So, my question is - what is the absolute latest possible date you can be entered for an exam?

It has to be done a couple of months before the exam.
Reply 5
it costs tonnes more to enter late, but it can be done upto a few days before
I got entered the day before an exam that i sat last week, due to them not submitting the second page of my resit forms (exams officer = idiot).

It took them a phone call and a bit of computeryness and i was in. And then always have spare papers. Not sure about on the day. But day before def!
ChrisLincoln
I got entered the day before an exam that i sat last week, due to them not submitting the second page of my resit forms (exams officer = idiot).

It took them a phone call and a bit of computeryness and i was in. And then always have spare papers. Not sure about on the day. But day before def!

Ah, but that was different - they had done it (wrong) months in advance.
Muppety_Kid
Ah, but that was different - they had done it (wrong) months in advance.

They hadn't they just didn't do anything at all until i checked the seating plan to find i'm not on it the day before the exam!

Basically our resit forms were 2 A4 sheets stapled. Which had 3 resits available on it. I wanted to do 4, so i stapled an extra sheet on the back. Which they just didn't look at. Even though it said PTO in massive letters and i paid for the extra one..

So yes, it was more there mistake and i didn't have to pay extra due to it being last minute. But i hadn't been entered or anything until the day before.

So i'm sure it's possible. To be fair, just go and ask OP!
Reply 9
So i'm sure it's possible. To be fair, just go and ask OP!
Well, I just wanted to check so as to avoid looking like a complete idiot! Just to be clear, this is the day before the exam in question.
Reply 10
I think that late entries can be made at any time, they just cost FAR more than those made before the 'deadline'. IIRC, you can enter on the day
made_of_fail
Well, I just wanted to check so as to avoid looking like a complete idiot! Just to be clear, this is the day before the exam in question.

Then go in now! Or phone.
Reply 12
on the day/whenever. the exams are send in bundles of like ten, so as long as they have a spare, you can sit it.
yeh you can do late entries very close to the exam date. not to sure about the day before, but its worth a shot.

expensive though.

cant you just email your exams officer and ask?
Reply 14
I reckon you can probably be entered on the day, but only if your school is prepared to pay through the nose for you to sit the paper. (I'm talking in excess of £100)
Reply 15
i was allowed to enter an exam 4 days before it took place but it was double pay. i didnt do it though, i hadnt revised
i was told the cost of sitting an exam goes up to double the resit price(£13? so £26? idk) but now higher

i think you'll be okay. i got entered for an exam, not even a resit, a month ago. not the same as day before, but you'll only know if you go and ask!
Reply 17
i got entered about 4 days before for a resit exam and it cost double the price :smile: i was expecting it to be considerably more tbh.
it'll cost mcuh more
but any time before the exam is fine
the later it is the more u have to pay
Reply 19
what about AEAs? I want to take Econ AEA (24th June) but haven't entered as yet... =\

Latest