The Student Room Group

Home Office - Asylum Decision Maker (EO)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Mohhpa
Hi Ufc1993

Thank you very much for your response.

I understand the turnover is high. Is it because of the trauma-laden interviews of the job or they are not good at retaining their employees?

Hi,

I wouldn’t say it’s down to the interviews are they are not something which is mandatory, you only do them if you want to.

More down to the fact your well-being will not be cared for in the slightest and they have no understanding of how to keep good members of staff (by lowering stats to a more realistic expectation)

I know 2 of the 3 SEOs personally from the department who say they have no choice but to put people under immense stress and find it hard to live with members of staff on sick due to stress but they don’t see a way around it as nobody is willing to listen.
Reply 21
ok. I meant the asylum seekers interviews not the job interview but your answer helps a lot.
Reply 22
Original post by Mohhpa
ok. I meant the asylum seekers interviews not the job interview but your answer helps a lot.

I know, what I was saying is that the interview part of the job (interviewing asylum seekers) is not mandatory and is more you can do interviews if you want to
Reply 23
Original post by Ufc1993
I know, what I was saying is that the interview part of the job (interviewing asylum seekers) is not mandatory and is more you can do interviews if you want to

Wow! So what is the job about? I thought it was 50% interviewing and case writing and court presentations. How does one make a decision without interviewing asylum seekers?
Reply 24
Hi guys. I hope all is well. Anyone had back after the DM interview? How long does it take for them to get back?
Hey! I’ve just invited to interview for this role. Does anyone have any interview advice?? I interview pretty badly generally so want to be as prepared as possible. Thanks in advance ☺️☺️
Hi Everyone, I also have an interview for this job but reading these comments has made me nervous lol. Can I ask, is anyone doing this role on a part time basis? Or is it full time or nothing? I was attracted to the advert because it spoke about flexibility and as a Mum of 2 I definitely need flexibility. But 37 hours a week is going to be impossible for me - 30 hours is the most I can do
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 27
I am not sure but I think its impossible to flexi or job share except the first 26 weeks of training at the academy. I think that is what they said. You can confirm with them. There is a contact person and an email with the advert.

Original post by Ainnee91
Hey! I’ve just invited to interview for this role. Does anyone have any interview advice?? I interview pretty badly generally so want to be as prepared as possible. Thanks in advance ☺️☺️

The interview is not difficult and as you by now know its a virtual interview where they will ask about 9 questions. It is mainly on the behaviours mentioned in the advert. Just prepare your examples well and use the STAR method to answer the questions. The time is also amble when compared to other interviews. You got about 3 minutes for each question which is way more than the 2 minutes for most interview questions. I hope this helps.

Original post by Tataface
Hi Everyone, I also have an interview for this job but reading these comments has made me nervous lol. Can I ask, is anyone doing this role on a part time basis? Or is it full time or nothing? I was attracted to the advert because it spoke about flexibility and as a Mum of 2 I definitely need flexibility. But 37 hours a week is going to be impossible for me - 30 hours is the most I can do

Sorry I meant to say it is possible (not impossible)
Reply 28
I just did the interview and like someone mentioned it was 9 questions and a mix of competency and strength based.

Now anxiously waiting back for the results and feedback.
I have an interview for this tomorrow and I am dreading it!!! Do you remember any of the questions that they asked you? Hope you aren't kept waiting too long to hear back.
Reply 30
Hi, Just had an interview yesterday. Whoever is in the same position as me , can you please update me on your application, so I can compare with my own e.g any response after the interview , if you got the job
Reply 31
Original post by Tataface

I did know of people who did the role on a part time basis in your position so it would be possible. Most jobs in the civil service work that way.

May be worth just asking the question at the end of your interview however :smile:
Hi, just wondering about the EO Asylum decision maker roles, ive had my interview and have been advised I've been placed on the reserve list. Can anyone tell me if I'm likely to get an offer based off this at some point or knows of anyone that's been taken off the reserve list? I am already a long serving CS so i am aware of the lack of compassion we get lol. Thanks
I got put on the reserve list also. But I’ve been offered a role within HMRC as an intelligence officer with RIS, so I’m taking that position. From some of the comments, the asylum decision maker role sounds horrible.
Original post by FreakyGerbil
I got put on the reserve list also. But I’ve been offered a role within HMRC as an intelligence officer with RIS, so I’m taking that position. From some of the comments, the asylum decision maker role sounds horrible.

Congrats on your offer. I work in HMRC just now as an EO within business support. I have worked in previous similar roles to the asylum position so I know its going to be challenging lol. The comments don't put me off lol. Best of luck in your job with RIS. That will be so interesting 😊
Original post by Dawnygw779
Congrats on your offer. I work in HMRC just now as an EO within business support. I have worked in previous similar roles to the asylum position so I know its going to be challenging lol. The comments don't put me off lol. Best of luck in your job with RIS. That will be so interesting 😊

Thank you! I appreciate that.
Reply 36
Original post by Justine87
I have an interview for this tomorrow and I am dreading it!!! Do you remember any of the questions that they asked you? Hope you aren't kept waiting too long to hear back.

Sorry this might be too late but they asked how do you make an objective decision? something else about communication. It was basically on those 3 success profiles.

Hope it went well!
Reply 37
Original post by UFC1988
Hi, Just had an interview yesterday. Whoever is in the same position as me , can you please update me on your application, so I can compare with my own e.g any response after the interview , if you got the job

yeah OFC.

please do the same. share any updates if you can :smile:
Reply 38
Original post by Dawnygw779
Hi, just wondering about the EO Asylum decision maker roles, ive had my interview and have been advised I've been placed on the reserve list. Can anyone tell me if I'm likely to get an offer based off this at some point or knows of anyone that's been taken off the reserve list? I am already a long serving CS so i am aware of the lack of compassion we get lol. Thanks

Hi. I am in the same boat. Just got an email putting me on reserve list. Anyone know more? Thanks
Reply 39
Hi everyone , congratulations on everyone who got an offer or got put on the reserve list . I’m a little disheartened that I haven’t heard anything back yet . I took my interview on Thursday, the last day to send it off . Just wondering if that’s the reason why I’ve had no response as early as you guys . Let me know what you think and when you actually had your interview. Much love

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending