The Student Room Group

Home Office - Asylum Decision Maker (EO)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AuzairRaja777
Hey i dont think its just Hounslow, i think Salford is the same
From what I’ve heard on forums and through family (my cousin does a very similar HO role already) they’re VERY quiet at the moment, there’s days where he doesn’t get assigned cases. He said things tend to be busier around spring/summer, so if they’ve reserve listed a whole group, they just probably don’t need the extra staff at the moment and they will pretty much hire as and when demand goes up. So basically I’m not holding my breath cus it could be a while before anything changes!
Original post by Aotaotaott
From what I’ve heard on forums and through family (my cousin does a very similar HO role already) they’re VERY quiet at the moment, there’s days where he doesn’t get assigned cases. He said things tend to be busier around spring/summer, so if they’ve reserve listed a whole group, they just probably don’t need the extra staff at the moment and they will pretty much hire as and when demand goes up. So basically I’m not holding my breath cus it could be a while before anything changes!
Yeah, can confirm this. My friend works in the location I've applied for and there are weeks they are trying to fairly split 4 cases between 9 on their team. Madness, all of it. Regret ever applying 😂

Hey thanks for that! its shocking considering theres always so much about the backlog! when do you reckon they will get back to us? i legit quit my job coz i thought i would start soon
Hey thanks for that! its shocking considering theres always so much about the backlog! when do you reckon they will get back to us? i legit quit my job coz i thought i would start soon
Frustrating thing is that the reserve list isn't a guarantee of being offered a role. You could be on it for 11 months before being called, and may not be called at all before it expires. That's why they advise you never quit a current job until you have been given an offer, and even then your PECs can take months.
Are you waiting for security checks or on the reserve list? As the reserve list is not a guarantee you’ll get a job! May be worth looking for another job to hold you over as security checks can take months. Reserve list might never happen as you're on it for a year. 😢
Are you waiting for security checks or on the reserve list? As the reserve list is not a guarantee you’ll get a job! May be worth looking for another job to hold you over as security checks can take months. Reserve list might never happen as you're on it for a year. 😢

Reserve list 🥲 yeah i realised afterwards i guess its my fault but oh well yeah been applying to other jobs in the meantime so hopefully something works out wbu are you working atm?
Original post by Trish85x
Frustrating thing is that the reserve list isn't a guarantee of being offered a role. You could be on it for 11 months before being called, and may not be called at all before it expires. That's why they advise you never quit a current job until you have been given an offer, and even then your PECs can take months.

Yeah its well frustrating i just quit coz it was toxic and wanted a fresh start if ygm hopefully something comes up are you working rn?
Reserve list 🥲 yeah i realised afterwards i guess its my fault but oh well yeah been applying to other jobs in the meantime so hopefully something works out wbu are you working atm?
Yeh i am. Got a long notice period also so kinda works in my favour it i get it one day should be an easy crossover. Good luck with finding something!
Reply 5308
Is anybody else starting on Monday and still not had any contact from their line manager? I have no idea if I’m meant to be in the office or if it’s from home. No idea what time I need to start. No idea about parking, what the dress code is, who I have to report to? 😅
Anyone got off the reserve list or got a position in Hounslow? Had an email yesterday about the reserve list thanking me for my patience and saying if you want to come off to withdraw your application
(edited 1 month ago)
Anyone got off the reserve list or got a position in Hounslow? Had an email yesterday about the reserve list thanking me for my patience and saying if you want to come off to withdraw your application
I had one of those too for both Liverpool locations. I'm in this far, not getting rid of me that easily 😤😂
Original post by AJE9
Is anybody else starting on Monday and still not had any contact from their line manager? I have no idea if I’m meant to be in the office or if it’s from home. No idea what time I need to start. No idea about parking, what the dress code is, who I have to report to? 😅
I'm starting Monday, awaiting an email which should come through to the work address which I presume will have further information. But you should have also received the onboarding instructions, which state core training hrs are 9.30-4.30. Which site are you starting?
Original post by PizzaGriffin
I'm starting Monday, awaiting an email which should come through to the work address which I presume will have further information. But you should have also received the onboarding instructions, which state core training hrs are 9.30-4.30. Which site are you starting?
When did you receive the onboarding instructions please? Did your laptop arrive the week before you start? Thank you.
I've had this too, but I'm for the Cardiff office not sure what's happening to be honest xx
Original post by Curiosss
When did you receive the onboarding instructions please? Did your laptop arrive the week before you start? Thank you.
The laptop arrived the week before my start date (arrived 12th, my start is 18th). Onboarding email was about a month ago, just after the offer was made. But I've since received the work email which has further information which is useful (I was planning to be at the he office for my first day - as per onboarding instructions, but this isn't going to be the case!)
I’m on reserve list too. I’m currently working in UKVI in citizenships, but my original job is HMPO. I’m on loan. I applied for asylum and then been placed on reserve list. I got few people in asylum and my manger wife works there too. They not busy at the moment as crazy this sounds due to refugee crisis. In September my colleagues from HMPO were deployed to work in Asylum to help them with backlogs. Also , new financial year will start soon. People do not stay in asylum long , some people do not last even one year. So there is hope that we will be called from reserve list.
Did anyone get offered the AO role for Sheffield?
I've had an email today thanking me for my patience being on the reserve list it's my second one. I've applied for the Cardiff office, has anyone been offered anything from being on the reserve list xx
Original post by Kellyb85
I've had an email today thanking me for my patience being on the reserve list it's my second one. I've applied for the Cardiff office, has anyone been offered anything from being on the reserve list xx

I had the same email today, my second one also (Hounslow office). Not heard from anyone who’s been placed in Hounslow, first time or reserve 🥴
(edited 1 week ago)
Hi,
does anybody know when the payday is for this role? Starting soon but kind find any info on this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending