The Student Room Group

Home Office - Asylum Decision Maker (EO)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Starleo
yeah OFC.

please do the same. share any updates if you can :smile:

Will do
Original post by UFC1988
Hi everyone , congratulations on everyone who got an offer or got put on the reserve list . I’m a little disheartened that I haven’t heard anything back yet . I took my interview on Thursday, the last day to send it off . Just wondering if that’s the reason why I’ve had no response as early as you guys . Let me know what you think and when you actually had your interview. Much love

Hi, I had my interview 5th of August and my friend had hers on Thursday. My friend hasn't heard back yet either. The candidate pack did say that the earliest offers would be made around 10th September. The whole process is quite slow. I think you will hear soon probably.
Hi, also on reserve list here, the suspense is killing me 😆 interviewed mid Aug and heard Friday.
Has anyone had a firm offer? Am hoping size of campaign means people on the reserve list have a realistic chance. .
Reply 43
Original post by UFC1988
Hi everyone , congratulations on everyone who got an offer or got put on the reserve list . I’m a little disheartened that I haven’t heard anything back yet . I took my interview on Thursday, the last day to send it off . Just wondering if that’s the reason why I’ve had no response as early as you guys . Let me know what you think and when you actually had your interview. Much love

Hi, I had my interview at similar time to you. I’m also still waiting to hear too.
Thanks to everyone who replied regarding part time. I did my interview on the 7th September but haven't heard anything back yet. When I go onto my account on the website it still says 'Interview Slot Booked'...is that what everyone else's says that are still waiting to hear?
Reply 45
Yes, that is what mine is stating also. Think it’s just a waiting game now. I had my interview on the 3rd of September.
I did mine the same time as you I think! Have you heard anything yet? I am hoping no news is good news!
Reply 47
@HollieS93 still not heard anything yet. I’m also hoping no news is good news too. You can let me know if you hear back :smile:
Reply 48
Haven’t heard anything yet either , I wonder if that’s a bad sign .
Reply 49
@UFC1988 it looks like there going it based on the date you done the interview. My friends interview was a month before me and she’s had her outcome back but I haven’t. Looking at the thread people mid August have also heard back now too. Hopefully it won’t be too much longer as the suspense is killing me lol.
Hi. I did my interview last week and I am worried I messed it up. I was probably very visibly anxious. This pandemic has filled me with nerves over the smallest of things but after competing my undergraduate this year I want to get back into work but something I know ill enjoy. I have always wanted to work with asylum seekers (have a few friends who were once asylum seekers and hearing their stories made me want to make a difference). Reading these comments makes me worry that this job doesn't allow you to make a difference but treat people like numbers instead. Either way I really want the role on a part time basis due to being a single parent to a child with a neuro disability. Can anyone give details on how long after your interview that you heard back? Thanks in advance.
Original post by Tataface
Thanks to everyone who replied regarding part time. I did my interview on the 7th September but haven't heard anything back yet. When I go onto my account on the website it still says 'Interview Slot Booked'...is that what everyone else's says that are still waiting to hear?

Yep mine is saying that also and I did mine last week.
Reply 52
Hi all, I did my interview on the 20th August and was made a job offer (subject to pre-employment checks) on Friday 10th September. The interview was so awful I’d completely written off my chances! So don’t give up hope, I think they’re just working through them. Was very happy about this new opportunity… until reading this thread! But I’m a big believer in using your own judgement, so will decide for myself. Would be great to hear how everyone else gets on!
Reply 53
Congratulations @AWB84. After reading some of the post on here I was also abit apprehensive but if offered a position I will also be using my own judgement. Just because the job is not for someone doesn’t mean it’s not for others.
Reply 54
Original post by jgx
Congratulations @AWB84. After reading some of the post on here I was also abit apprehensive but if offered a position I will also be using my own judgement. Just because the job is not for someone doesn’t mean it’s not for others.

I would say 100% fair enough on using your own judgement.

It’s not that the job weren’t for somebody though in my opinion as literally everybody who worked there was trying to get out .

That’s why you’ll notice it’s probably the most advertised job in the civil service. Not that the role is growing and they are taking hundreds more people on, more that everybody leaves and the job has a very short lifespan.

Use this article as an example if you like : www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-43555766.amp
Reply 55
@UFC1993 the article is speaking about the Bootle office, not every office in the UK. I’m currently a civil servant and the turnover of jobs is high everywhere. Its the first time I’ve seen this role advertised compared to my current role. But thanks for your opinion.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by jgx
@UFC1993 the article is speaking about the Bootle office, every office in the UK. I’m currently a civil servant and the turnover of jobs is high everywhere. Its the first time I’ve seen this role advertised compared to my current role. But thanks for your opinion.

I agree. Im also a civil servant. Civil service jobs do have a high turnover in general. Ive applied for many jobs in the last 12 months and havent see this one up previously. If I'm offered a position I will be using my own judgement as well. I'm not put off by the negative comments lol. Been a CS long enough to know we are treated poorly in most positions lol. Best of luck with your application :-)
Reply 57
287 jobs in total for a decision maker role have been advertised since April 2020. I don’t think you’ll find another role with half of that in the same amount of time.

I just think these forums need to be used for both good and bad and I can of course only speak from previous experiences of doing the exact job you are going for.

One good thing which I did mention is it gives you strong strong examples for your HEO in future.

I assure you as negative as I sound I’m not trying to bash the job etc but more just give a realistic and honest opinion. I just feel I wish I had something to read like this before making my decision on to accept or not.

Whichever you choose I wish you well :smile:
Congratulations to people with job offers!
Even though I'm on the reserve, if I was offered something I would ask for PT also due to family reasons.

Has anyone applied for the other EO jobs in Asylum that closed on Monday? I have but the roles sound very different...
Hi, I did my decision maker interview 17th August and heard back 10th Sept to say I'm on the reserve list.I was scored 24 in total, what scores did you guys get?I also interviewed for the AO admin role in asylum so waiting to hear back for that, and applied for the other EO role that came up and still waiting to see if I make it to interview for that one.Fingers crossed I get somewhere with one of them.Good luck to everyone waiting to hear and on the reserve list 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending