The Student Room Group

Job Interview

Just a general interest...

Do jobs ask you what your MBTI is? Are they ever used in the real world for employment, education etc..?
Original post by affiliated-charm

Do jobs ask you what your MBTI is? Are they ever used in the real world for employment, education etc..?

To my limited knowledge on jobs, no.
For interview for university course I did, no
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 2
No. It may have been used in the dim and distant past as part of trendy group selection days. I’ve only come across it as a team building curiosity
Original post by affiliated-charm

I believe there are a fair few companies that will use a form of personality test which can include an MBTI. I feel the MBTI isn't used as frequently as other types but can be used.

If there is a concern with these tests for applications I would recommend looking at a good online personality practice test.
Reply 4
Yeah agreed with above, I don't think they're often used for recruitment at least. I heard that other personality tests are used instead though, such as the Big 5 model. However it might be used for some companies for development purposes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending