The Student Room Group

Work experience

Hi, how much work experience is required. Do they need long term voluntary work at same place or can be different. Thanks
generally i think long term is good because it shows committment but ultimately it depends on where you apply. Some universities read your ps or have some type of form you need to complete before being invited to interview so for those places long term AND variety is good. But if you apply to places that only use academics and/or ucat to shortlist for interviews then you're only gonna talk about the work experience in the interview and i doubt they care as long as you're answering the question you're asked and you've reflected on your work experience.
Reply 2
Thanks. For Sunderland university 10 month long term voluntary work is ok, I have 2 months work experience of care home,sen school too. Or Sunderland need long term in one place
Original post by gsharma544
Thanks. For Sunderland university 10 month long term voluntary work is ok, I have 2 months work experience of care home,sen school too. Or Sunderland need long term in one place

i don't think they've ever said it needs to be long term in one place. There was something floating around last year about doing minimum 80 hours in total but that includes all your volunteering as far as i'm aware.
Reply 4
Original post by h4nn4
i don't think they've ever said it needs to be long term in one place. There was something floating around last year about doing minimum 80 hours in total but that includes all your volunteering as far as i'm aware.

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending