The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

How Imperial Sees Resits

I am concerned about second time resits. Does Imperial actually know about you resitting to get a higher grade? Does it matter if I resit twice on a module to get higher marks, say I got 86& for C3 in Jan and I resit it in June to get over 90%, will they know about it and see it as "no good"? What if I resit say History 1 and 2 in Jan and I resit it again in the summer? It doesn't say on the offer conditions that I can't resit, as long as i got the required grades by August 09 it's fine. But I heard people saying that Imperial doesn't like people resitting?
And if you merely missed your offer with your resits, they will instead take the people without resits who also missed their offers?
Unless it says 'with no resits' as terms of your UCAS offer then you can resit surely?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
lj789

And if you merely missed your offer with your resits, they will instead take the people without resits who also missed their offers?

It depends on your course but everyone who eventually gets into Imperial will have met their grades. If you miss your offer than the chances of you getting in are very slim so as I see it, I'd retake all I liked if it meant I stood a better chance of meeting the offer.
Reply 3
I resit a Computing module, a Maths module and a Physics module and I made it in fine. I didn't think they even knew about resits.

As for missing offers, I know more than one person here who didn't make their offer. It's not as rigid and strict as you think. Relax.
Reply 4
Slightly unrelated, but how would Imperial know you have retaken a maths module if you applied for maths and didn't put grades down on the UCAS form?
Reply 5
Hasan
Slightly unrelated, but how would Imperial know you have retaken a maths module if you applied for maths and didn't put grades down on the UCAS form?

The exam boards pass on every single exam result (including GCSEs) you've got to the university.
Original post by Swayum
The exam boards pass on every single exam result (including GCSEs) you've got to the university.

Does this still apply? If i have retook a whole year of AS but I now do different exam boards, will this still apply?

Latest

Trending

Trending