The Student Room Group
Reply 1
You mean you get to a point where you have the integral of sin2xsinx on both sides of your equation?

Treat it as a single variable, call it A or something and move it to the other side to get 2 (integral)sin2xsinx and then divide both sides by 2.
=2sin2xcosx=2\sin ^2x \cos x
Any ideas now?

Spoiler

ShortRef
You mean you get to a point where you have the integral of sin2xsinx on both sides of your equation?

Treat it as a single variable, call it A or something and move it to the other side to get 2 (integral)sin2xsinx and then divide both sides by 2.

Yes.

Don't get what you mean though (2nd paragraph).
technicolour
=2sin2xcosx=2\sin ^2x \cos x
Any ideas now?

Spoiler

Oh I see. I mean the question had =2sin2xcosx=2\sin ^2x \cos x but I changed it because in my other thread from yesterday this Cambridge mathematician said not to treat it as sin3x\sin ^3x. However, I know why now...

Thanks mate.
Reply 5
Mighty Grandiose Noble Knight
Yes.

Don't get what you mean though (2nd paragraph).

sin2xsinx=somethingsin2xsinx\int {\sin{2x}\sin{x}} = something - \int {sin{2x}\sin{x}}
2sin2xsinx=something2\int {\sin{2x}\sin{x}} = something

Or change sin2x into 2sinxcosx

Mighty Grandiose Noble Knight
Oh I see. I mean the question had =2sin2xcosx=2\sin ^2x \cos x but I changed it because in my other thread from yesterday this Cambridge mathematician said not to treat it as sin3x\sin ^3x. However, I know why now...

Thanks mate.

I think that was a slightly different question?

Yeh that was when you had sin^2x on its own, this is different because you have a cosx, so now you can do this one by recognition.
ShortRef
sin2xsinx=somethingsin2xsinx\int {\sin{2x}\sin{x}} = something - \int {sin{2x}\sin{x}}
2sin2xsinx=something2\int {\sin{2x}\sin{x}} = something

Or change sin2x into 2sinxcosx

But then if you use by parts you are going to end up with something similar hence it goes on forever.

*I know which method to use now.

Thanks for the help.

Latest