The Student Room Group

edexcel further maths core pure paper 1

literally did not answer the last 2 questions and i think i messed up some of the earlier questions because i didn’t have time to check, didn’t get the last part on the vectors question. i’m not gonna get into uni
Original post by sophieclaybrook
literally did not answer the last 2 questions and i think i messed up some of the earlier questions because i didn’t have time to check, didn’t get the last part on the vectors question. i’m not gonna get into uni

the series question was soooo fcking weird bro i couldnt do the first two parts so i just left it out. and dont even get me started on the last question why did it have so many words?! hoping the grade boundaries are low
it's so over
I'm glad everyone found it hard, I did everything except for the vectors question and the series question (wth was that). I'm pretty sure I lost marks on the differential equations question (part A) and perhaps part C and D of the final question. Other than that I think I'm golden.
How do you all think grade boundaries will be this year judging by this paper alone?
Original post by sophieclaybrook

What are your predicted grades?
Reply 6
Original post by CompostComposer
How do you all think grade boundaries will be this year judging by this paper alone?

i'm hoping through the floor, that paper was not it.
hopefully paper 2 goes better with the topics that should come up but it really depends
Reply 7
guys i litterally answered just over half the paper and i just put random numbers in bits. rlly not looking good. y so hard like at least have some easy ones pls
Original post by SheepishPanda
it's so over

It's never been as over as it is now.
Reply 9
Original post by _globglogabgalab
It's never been as over as it is now.

nah just smash out cp2. with the topics that didn't come up yesterday hopefully it'll be an okay paper
does anyone have any ideas what topics paper 2 will be on, Im pretty sure polar coordinates since it would be weird not to have them in either paper, also volumes of revolution, but not sure what else to expect
Reply 11
Original post by Carysconfused
does anyone have any ideas what topics paper 2 will be on, Im pretty sure polar coordinates since it would be weird not to have them in either paper, also volumes of revolution, but not sure what else to expect

I'd say there's going to be a proof of induction question, at least, I hope so. Maybe even a question involving de Moivre's Theorem? I hope for no more of those matrices questions like the one at the end of cp1.
Can you guys tell me what topics came up in paper 1?
Reply 13
Original post by Shenz275
I'd say there's going to be a proof of induction question, at least, I hope so. Maybe even a question involving de Moivre's Theorem? I hope for no more of those matrices questions like the one at the end of cp1.

i dont think another proof by induction will come up, because the matrix one was in CP1

my prediction would be: an easy hyperbolic equation, a mcclaurin's series expansion, polar integration/differentiation, year 2 complex numbers (roots of unity or a series) with an argand diagram locus, a 2nd order differential equation (this is almost guarenteed), volume of revolution, maybe a linear transformation/invarient line question and maybe a partial fraction integration
is it still possible to get an A* if you've messed up paper 1 cos I need it for my firm and I really don't think its looking good after the last
Reply 15
Smash the rest if the papers get at 95% on each. You'll be cruising.
I've just realised I messed up the differential question on the paper.🥲. But there's 3 more papers to do well on.👍
Reply 16
Original post by therealBen
guys i litterally answered just over half the paper and i just put random numbers in bits. rlly not looking good. y so hard like at least have some easy ones pls

Literally same thing I literally cant remember what happened to me in that exam my mind went completely blank and as soon as I was understanding what to do time had run out. Im terrified for the next paper cause I know I will fail it once again
Original post by mimi1509
Literally same thing I literally cant remember what happened to me in that exam my mind went completely blank and as soon as I was understanding what to do time had run out. Im terrified for the next paper cause I know I will fail it once again

i didnt successfuly answer any question
Does anyone remember the mark distribution of the last 4 qs? Roughly?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending