The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

University of Nottingham vs Lancaster University for CS?

Hello,
I have been struggling about choosing my fifth choice, previously I had even more list of schools I wanted to choose. I have now submitted 4 choices. I want the last school to be kind of my "safety" school which is why I'm thinking of Nottingham or lancaster for their integrated master computer science. Would love to hear your thought!
Original post by BangPitung
Hello,
I have been struggling about choosing my fifth choice, previously I had even more list of schools I wanted to choose. I have now submitted 4 choices. I want the last school to be kind of my "safety" school which is why I'm thinking of Nottingham or lancaster for their integrated master computer science. Would love to hear your thought!

Hey @BangPitung,

If you're looking for a 'safe' option, Lancaster is often able to be a lot more 'safe' than most universities offering integrated masters courses - if you don't end up meeting the grade requirements for the integrated masters, but you do meet the requirements for the BSc, you'll still get an offer for the BSc! So it's essentially like getting an bonus application option at no extra cost, and makes it a great safe choice if you're worried about getting the grades you need.

Lancaster is also super flexible with many of the integrated masters courses - I wasn't able to apply to the Psychology MPsych straight through UCAS, but after getting excellent grades in my first year, the department let me switch my course with no hassle, as the first three years of the course are identical! I then decided I wanted to go a different track, and was able to switch back to BSc, again with no stress. So I can definitely say from experience that Lancaster is great with this stuff if you're looking for safety and flexibility in your choices - then even if you only get offered the BSc, you can likely still switch to the integrated masters if you do well in your modules!

Hope this helps!

Millie
Lancaster Student Ambassador, 3rd Year Psychology BSc
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending