The Student Room Group

Misfits

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ape Gone Insane

Nope, he'll live. Now that Future Simon has travelled and amended events, he's created an alternate timeline in which the select characters don't die ... so Present Simon won't ever travel back in time, in the future, and hence die.

You have a good grasp of all this timey wimey business. :holmes:

I struggled to comprehend all the possibilities.
Nope, he'll live. Now that Future Simon has travelled and amended events, he's created an alternate timeline in which the select characters don't die ... so Present Simon won't ever travel back in time, in the future, and hence die.

Fingers crossed you're right, but I'm still holding to my infinite time loop theory. Without superhoodie they all die, and Simon's too responsible to let that happen so even if time has changed so Alisha doesn't die he'll still go back to protect the next lot.
Original post by + polarity -
You have a good grasp of all this timey wimey business. :holmes:

I struggled to comprehend all the possibilities.

Lots of Doctor Who. :tardis:

:holmes:

Original post by History-Student
Fingers crossed you're right, but I'm still holding to my infinite time loop theory. Without superhoodie they all die, and Simon's too responsible to let that happen so even if time has changed so Alisha doesn't die he'll still go back to protect the next lot.

Original post by minimus777
I so hope you're right, and if you are i'll love you forever :biggrin:

I love the new Simon :love:

*crossess fingers and hopes he doesn't die*

I reckon I am. They won't be killing off Present Simon. The whole point of it was Future Simon had to die in order to save them all so there's no reason, in the alternate universe, for Simon to go back and do the same. - Another death.

And, not sure if this is related, they go to Vegas (a photo which appears to reflect the change in timelines) which wouldn't have happened if she had died or if she had lived and he had died.
(edited 13 years ago)
Lots of Doctor Who. :tardis:

:holmes:

I thought so :u:
Reply 265
I think I've found a hole in the story:-
If Alisha was meant to die from that crazy guy, she had no feelings towards present Simon, or even had sex with him (when future Simon said "you taught me that" after they did it) so why would Simon go back and save her life when they weren't even in love, and how does he know she is going to love him when she was meant to die from that crazy guy?!?!
Original post by m0man
If Alisha was meant to die from that crazy guy, she had no feelings towards present Simon, or even had sex with him (when future Simon said "you taught me that" after they did it) so why would Simon go back and save her life when they weren't even in love, and how does he know she is going to love him when she was meant to die from that crazy guy?!?!

Clever. :holmes:
Original post by m0man

Clearly she wasn't supposed to die there. I don't get why people think she was supposed to :s-smilie:
Reply 268
Clearly she wasn't supposed to die there. I don't get why people think she was supposed to :s-smilie:

Because if future Simon never came, then she would have died...
Original post by m0man
Because if future Simon never came, then she would have died...

I can see that, but I don't think he was talking about then. Since they aren't together yet etc.
Reply 270

Haha, brilliant. :lol:
Reply 271
Future Simon is a prick, I'm glad he's dead.
Reply 272
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
I came up with this same conclusion too! :yep: That Alisha's power is only overrided when touched by the one she is in love with, ie, she can only have meaningful sex, with someone who she's in love with. I wasn't quite sure what the point of her power was, but I'm thinking now that it's maybe just a way for her to see sex in a different way, and herself in a different way. Which is interesting, because that is kinda how some people think as well :holmes:.

This is an interesting theory...but it makes me wonder if there is an exception/rule to her power, then the other powers possibly could too.

With your point about seeing sex in a different way, it's like her power has a meaning. We already know from series 1 their powers are based on something that they feel inside. What if they've each been given these powers to teach them a lesson (is the best way I can think to explain it right now)?
I can't stop fangirling over future simon..

What I don't get is..How can he possibly travel back in time when time-travel isn't his power? Maybe he broke some sort of rule in the future which said not to travel back in time which would explain why he has to die in the present or past. Ohh and if he'd worn a bulletproof top, it wouldn't have worked because the crazy guy actually had to kill him to finish the level and go and bust whats-his-face from prison.
Reply 274

Why would he do that if his Alisha is still alive and happy with him? If Superhoodie saved them all than surely there would be no one to protect, as they would all carry on with their lives and Simon would eventually become Future Simon.

Original post by m0man

That's the bit I didn't get when I realised Future Simon was about to die :dontknow:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 275
believe it or not i have never seen misfits until yesterday :biggrin: i bought the dvd because of recommendations :biggrin: its amazing:O
Reply 276
Original post by Yawn11
Future Simon is a prick, I'm glad he's dead.

wierdo.
Reply 277
Original post by m0man

Original post by m0man

This. How does future Simon have pictures of him and Alisha in Las Vegas when she is supposed to have died?
Original post by SHABANA
This. How does future Simon have pictures of him and Alisha in Las Vegas when she is supposed to have died?

That appears after he saves her and is perhaps a representation of what happens in the new timeline. Basically a symbol that all will be okay/that the future has been saved with regards to Alisha & Simon.
(edited 13 years ago)
Future Simon said he lost his virginity to someone else before he and Alisha got together or before "he was ready". Next episode trailer has that new girl who seems to be getting it on with Simon. So that's the girl?

Quick Reply

Latest