The Student Room Group

Whats 15 miles?

Basically i['m doing a job application and am hideosu with distances.
so how much time is 15 miles form home? is it a lot of distance?
is it like 1/2 hour or something?

people living in London should know:tongue:almer Green-Brent x or Enfield how much distance?

Thnak you :smile:)
Reply 1
Its roughly 2.7 times the height of Everest.

HTH :smile:
Original post by Menakshelatte
Basically i['m doing a job application and am hideosu with distances.

actually i would say you are hideous with spelling.
Reply 3
It is roughly 24.14016 km.
Reply 4
depends on your method of travel. To give an idea I travel on a bus roughly 13 miles and it takes about 35 minutes, obviously the bus has to stop though and has a less direct route(it has to go down a few small streets rather then staying on the main road) then would be possible in a car.
One of the best books I've read.
Reply 6
my penis :awesome:
Reply 7
Google(Map) it.
Reply 8
exactly half an hour provided you travel at precisely 30MPH all the way there.
1 more than 14?
About an hour of cycling pretty fast?
Original post by joey11223
depends on your method of travel. To give an idea I travel on a bus roughly 13 miles and it takes about 35 minutes, obviously the bus has to stop though and has a less direct route(it has to go down a few small streets rather then staying on the main road) then would be possible in a car.

Thanks for being one of the few distant responses :smile: I've enver worked in my life and it asked for a range :/
so i guess 15 mles is fine if my travel could go op to an hour or so or 45 minutes..it's a good range to put i guess if 35=roughly 1/2 hour???

Original post by JayEm
Its roughly 2.7 times the height of Everest.

HTH :smile:

i'm stupid dont laugh what does "hth" mean?
juuus curious:wink:
Original post by Mr. Orange
actually i would say you are hideous with spelling.

ever heard of type errors? oh and thanks for the astounding response:wink:
Thanks for being one of the few distant responses :smile: I've enver worked in my life and it asked for a range :/
so i guess 15 mles is fine if my travel could go op to an hour or so or 45 minutes..it's a good range to put i guess if 35=roughly 1/2 hour???

yeah I guess so but it depends how busy the area is. I mean for me to get into town in rush hour takes 20 minutes and that's only three miles, because it gets stuck in traffic.

I guess the best thing to do is work out what bus or other mode of public transport it is and just try the journey before you commit to working there? But make sure to try it at the same time you'd be using it to get to work, no point doing it at say 2pm and it taking 30 minutes, when at 8-9am rush hour it takes 50 minutes.
Original post by soup
It is roughly 24.14016 km.

woahss verrry accurate thanks:biggrin:

Do you know how long this distance takes in time??
I HATE how there's no multiqouting on here but thnx everyone for the responses :smile:
even the sarcastic ones :tongue:
btw i can't google map cos i'm having problems with google atm :frown:
Original post by Broderss
my penis :awesome:

YOU STOLE MY LINE!!!!!!! humph.
Original post by joey11223
yeah I guess so but it depends how busy the area is. I mean for me to get into town in rush hour takes 20 minutes and that's only three miles, because it gets stuck in traffic.

I guess the best thing to do is work out what bus or other mode of public transport it is and just try the journey before you commit to working there? But make sure to try it at the same time you'd be using it to get to work, no point doing it at say 2pm and it taking 30 minutes, when at 8-9am rush hour it takes 50 minutes.

omg i just realed i wrote "distant response" to you rather than "decent" silly me:tongue:
Thanks for the advice :wink:the things i dont KNOW what range i want :/
never knew this whole job thing was so comlicated gr with noone helping me :frown:
How far am I meant to work from home anyway?
I guess it takes an hour :/
it's weird how they ask what range of miles i want to work in anyway :/ can't they just put list of towns or somethig :tongue:
I've tred the journey before but it keeps changing,i mean the timet o travel.sometimes there's lots of traffic sometimes there isnt :frown:
omg i just realed i wrote "distant response" to you rather than "decent" silly me:tongue:

...a stain on your beautiful writing!

Stop worrying and put 20 miles down.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending