The Student Room Group

Misfits

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
This part was just so good that I've decided to cut it out and upload it on youtube. :biggrin:

Reply 421
Original post by MJay91
This part was just so good that I've decided to cut it out and upload it on youtube. :biggrin:

'This video contains content from Channel 4, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.'
Well that lasted long...
Reply 422
Original post by hobo06
'This video contains content from Channel 4, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.'
Well that lasted long...

Damn, I don't live in the UK and I'm allowed to watch it, but the UK citizens don't. Well, that's a bit of a failure there.
Reply 423
Original post by MJay91
Damn, I don't live in the UK and I'm allowed to watch it, but the UK citizens don't. Well, that's a bit of a failure there.

Oh fair enough :p:
It's on 4OD anyway so those of us in the UK can still watch it
Original post by Antifazian
It was interesting that the most honest "person" that Kelly met turned out to be an animal, like she said something at the end about most people saying one thing to your face and thinking another whereas Bruno didn't. I thought there was something kinda sad about that. :console:

It was very poignant :moon:

Original post by Onyx.
I wish I had Nikki's power. Being able to teleport anywhere in the world would be awesome :moon:

Except she can't control it...if she could it would be awesome!
if she could it'd be like jumper :teeth:

my guilty pleasure film :teeth:
Original post by spacepirate-James

Ahhh that is an awesome film! I might watch that tomorrow :ahee:

Jumper isn't a guilty pleasure.

Now Push, that's a guilty pleasure. Always wished they'd do a crossover of the two :moon:
Reply 428
Original post by greeneyedgirl
It was very poignant :moon:

Except she can't control it...if she could it would be awesome!

Teleportation in general would be awesome--like in Jumper :yep:

I was under the impression that she could control it. The first time she used it she thought of Ollie and then-not knowing about her power-teleported into the morgue where his body was. Then last episode she wanted to see Curtis, was about to text him then change her mind and thought of him. Next thing we know she's on the rooftop with him. The same thing happened in the GTA guy episode :s-smilie:
Original post by History-Student
Jumper isn't a guilty pleasure.

Now Push, that's a guilty pleasure. Always wished they'd do a crossover of the two :moon:

that would be pretty orgasmic :moon:
Original post by Onyx.
I wish I had Nikki's power. Being able to teleport anywhere in the world would be awesome :moon:

OMG, you're so right! Imagine what you could save in time and all transport costs :ahee:
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
OMG, you're so right! Imagine what you could save in time and all transport costs :ahee:

I wished for that power every day I had to hike to work while the snow was around.
Original post by Onyx.

Original post by Onyx.
Teleportation in general would be awesome--like in Jumper :yep:

I was under the impression that she could control it. The first time she used it she thought of Ollie and then-not knowing about her power-teleported into the morgue where his body was. Then last episode she wanted to see Curtis, was about to text him then change her mind and thought of him. Next thing we know she's on the rooftop with him. The same thing happened in the GTA guy episode :s-smilie:

True, but I think (just a theory) as it's the heart which has the transporting power that she can only transport to something she really wants (e.g. to thank the person who gave her the heart, to see curtis), whereas the guy who died (giving her the heart) could transport from place to place.

Thus if there is some kind of combination of Curtis and Nikki's power which then sends Simon back in time, it makes sense why he appears to Alisha as he loves her =D
Ahhh that is an awesome film! I might watch that tomorrow :ahee:

:indiff:

Jumper could have been so much more!

Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
but all they did was have sex on a sofa, with Alisha walking in on them :teehee:.

I thought it was an important part of the episode.
Original post by + polarity -

:indiff:

Jumper could have been so much more!

Indeed it could have been so much more! But if I watch it pre-bed I get awesome dreams where I can transport myself :ahee:
I think we've come to expect that any character introduced into Misfits has some sort of power. Be wary of everyone. :tongue:
Original post by Ape Gone Insane

Original post by Ape Gone Insane
I think we've come to expect that any character introduced into Misfits has some sort of power. Be wary of everyone. :tongue:

I still don't get the GTA-dude episode though. Was that his power? Seeing life as a game? Why?
I still don't get the GTA-dude episode though. Was that his power? Seeing life as a game? Why?

It was a weird 'power' yeah, he was probably playing the game during the storm or something. :iiam:

Powers reflect personalities so he must have been obsessed with video games. :dontknow:
(edited 13 years ago)

I thought it was an important part of the episode.

In what way? :holmes:
Reply 439
True, but I think (just a theory) as it's the heart which has the transporting power that she can only transport to something she really wants (e.g. to thank the person who gave her the heart, to see curtis), whereas the guy who died (giving her the heart) could transport from place to place.

Thus if there is some kind of combination of Curtis and Nikki's power which then sends Simon back in time, it makes sense why he appears to Alisha as he loves her =D

Yeah you have a point. My interpretation of the situation is that she does have some control over her power; she thinks of someone (or wants to be with them as you suggested) and she teleports to them.

I don't think everyone has what can be categorised as a 'super power'. However, most of the people we have come across in the series have been affected by the storm. I think it means certain aspects of peoples personalities have been enhanced. See Tony--the first probation worker (maybe he had a tendency to be violent sometimes and so the storm enhanced this trait), or Jessica's Dad (over protectiveness of his daughter, which made him see red), or Bruno (a gorilla who wanted to be human with a sincere nature) and there is the GTA guy who could have been obsessed with video games to the point that it was taking over his life and than after the storm--it actually did.

Then we have our misfits who have super powers which also follow the trend of reflecting their personalities :o:

/over analysis

Quick Reply

Latest