The Student Room Group
Drawing Tresco, Falmouth University
Falmouth University
Falmouth

Falmouth University College

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
When did you guys submit your applications, who have got an interview for Graphic Design course?
Drawing Tresco, Falmouth University
Falmouth University
Falmouth
My interview is on Wednesday, ahh!
Reply 62
Original post by imnotlulamae
My interview is on Wednesday, ahh!

I'm applying for that course too! Good luck!!, ahh!
:smile:
Original post by Zoe Edwards
I'm applying for that course too! Good luck!!, ahh!
:smile:

Thanks, you too! :smile:
Reply 64
Anyone applied for Creative Events Management?
Reply 65
My brother goes there and I happen to live in Cornwall anyways so I go there quite often, the uni is very good from what i've seen, the on campus accomodation (where my bro is) is brilliant and very modern, alot better than the halls i've been in. The actual uni is pretty well respected, I believe it's a part of Exeter Uni so can't be that bad. The town itself is about 2/3 miles away from the uni, I suppose you could walk it. It isn't a party town if you are expecting loads of nightclubs and bars etc, I think there is like 2 clubs but even then, I personally wouldn't call it a 'club'. Falmouth is a lovely town with some rich heritage and the surrounding area is perfect if you like the countryside and some great beaches.

So in short, Falmouth is perfect if you want a degree from a respected uni in a place that takes life a little quieter than our city friends up north.
Anyone applied / auditioned for Musical Theatre?
Original post by Lukeyyyyyyy
Anyone applied / auditioned for Musical Theatre?

I'm applying for Theatre - so same department, but not quite the same.

In other news: I got an interview today! IE the letter inviting me came today, that wasn't a really bad way of saying that I have an interview today... It's on the 24th Feb, which happens to be a day I work, so I need to try and get that day off. :/ Dead excited though!
Does anyone know how long they take to get back with offers? Course leader told me it'd be a week or two after my interview that I'd hear, and it's been a week so far.
Anyone got an interview for Photography in March? Mines is on the 31st.
Accepted my place yesterday, woo! Now I have to look at student finance, guh, they always take so frickin' long...
Accepted my place yesterday, woo! Now I have to look at student finance, guh, they always take so frickin' long...

What have you applied for?
English; was given an offer for With Media Studies but will be switching over to With Creative Writing at the end of the first semester. I was told I'd be given an offer at my interview, but it took just over two weeks to come through on my UCAS, like a day after the last interview date.

I'm not sure the waiting time for other courses, but seems for the English courses they've been pretty quick to respond.

Also, I had a few questions about the course and was able to call the course leader who was more than happy to answer them. If you've got any worries for whatever course, everyone there seems super friendly so don't be worried about just giving them a call :smile:.
Had my interview just over a week ago, got my offer on Tuesday :smile: Unconditional cause I've already got my grades. Was surprised at how quickly it came through! Fally 2011 :biggrin:
Original post by FluffyLion
Had my interview just over a week ago, got my offer on Tuesday :smile: Unconditional cause I've already got my grades. Was surprised at how quickly it came through! Fally 2011 :biggrin:

I'm so excited! We get accommodation applications through late March/early April, eep! Faaalmouth :smile:
I'm so excited! We get accommodation applications through late March/early April, eep! Faaalmouth :smile:

Sweet! I still need to wait for my other offer to come through on UCAS before I choose officially. And as far as accommodation goes, there's only two choices for first years isn't there? Glasney for Tremough campus, or Woodlane for the Woodlaners?
Sweet! I still need to wait for my other offer to come through on UCAS before I choose officially. And as far as accommodation goes, there's only two choices for first years isn't there? Glasney for Tremough campus, or Woodlane for the Woodlaners?

Yeah that's right, you need to get in quick to ensure you get your own room though; says the bunkbed rooms are going chronologically; basically whoever applies for accomm last will be stuck with a bunkbed room, I think.
Yeah that's right, you need to get in quick to ensure you get your own room though; says the bunkbed rooms are going chronologically; basically whoever applies for accomm last will be stuck with a bunkbed room, I think.

I'd best get firming then! My friend Mike was stuck in a bunkbed room at the start of this year at Falmouth, but I think that people left, so there were enough rooms to have seperate ones.
I'd best get firming then! My friend Mike was stuck in a bunkbed room at the start of this year at Falmouth, but I think that people left, so there were enough rooms to have seperate ones.

Oh well that's good to know; I mean I know first year is not even a year, I'd hate to be stuck in a bunkbed room for the whole time. I like to galavant in my own room; you know, iPod parties and the like :wink: haha.
Oh well that's good to know; I mean I know first year is not even a year, I'd hate to be stuck in a bunkbed room for the whole time. I like to galavant in my own room; you know, iPod parties and the like :wink: haha.

Yeah, I like my own company too much to want to share :P

Quick Reply

Latest