The Student Room Group

Nick Clegg's address

There's a picture from Sky News where in my opinion they've been a bit sloppy, they were broadcasting outside Nick Clegg's home and they've got the name of the street in the shot. This might seem insignificant to you, but virtually every other news channel/newspaper blocks out the street name when reporting from a polticians home, eg. any video you see of Cameron and Cleggs home, they always blur the name of the street, for privacy but probably more for security reasons, which makes you think they're conscious enough to go to the effort in the first place.

In the background you can see his street name and even his postcode right infront of his house which is ridiculous in the day of google street view and given the fact that every video/picture of him in the news makes it abundantly clear which one he lives in. Is there anyone I can report this to to get it taken down or do you not think it's a big deal? I'm just think about those hooligans we saw protesting about tuition fees and worse, but then again its one of the first results in google images. Do you think the authorities are aware of it? Now that I think of it though, almost every local councillor publishes not just their address but their home phone number too, so maybe it isn't a big deal.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1
Now you've put it on TSR, you've shared it with a whole host of people who might have previously been unaware :colone:
Reply 2
Original post by kerily
Now you've put it on TSR, you've shared it with a whole host of people who might have previously been unaware :colone:

It's already in the public domain that's the point, like the 3rd result on Google, I just don't want to sound stupid reporting it to an authority, whomever that may be. The hosting ISP, the Lib Dems, I don't know
Woo, now I can go and finally castrate him.
Reply 4
Surely its hardly difficult to get a politicians addresses?
This is probably the worst website to put it on given the anger over tuition fees. I expect Clegg to have at least 3 pieces of hate mail by morning.
Original post by Aj12
Surely its hardly difficult to get a politicians addresses?

Working address, no; home address, yes.
Reply 7
Well he sure kept it a good secret, especially in the mess hes in now.
Reply 8
I for one think it's brilliant to have access to Nick Clegg's address, as I would very much like to sh*t through his letterbox.

Not a euphemism. I would literally like to pull my pants down, back up to his letterbox and squeeze one out. In the name of democracy and the right to freedom of expression of course.
Reply 9
Well, I know where David Cameron lives :smug:
Funny I've walked past that house so many times I never knew it was his...
Aha! Found it! Parkfields in SW13 in case you can't quite make it out.
The internet can track down any major politician within days.
Original post by makingamemory
Funny I've walked past that house so many times I never knew it was his...

Mail it to me :O
Reply 14
I hear he goes into Westminster a lot during the week. Also, if you find the constituency he lives in, he has an office there!
Original post by Aphotic Cosmos
Aha! Found it! Parkfields in SW13 in case you can't quite make it out.

It says SW15, it's in Putney.
It says SW15, it's in Putney.

Nope. :nope:

Check any photo of him coming out of his house. He definitely lives in SW13. For starters there's no street called Parkfields in SW15. Kind of a giveaway.
Original post by Aphotic Cosmos
Nope. :nope:

Check any photo of him coming out of his house. He definitely lives in SW13. For starters there's no street called Parkfields in SW15. Kind of a giveaway.

Oh there is, Parkfields links Howard's lane to Upper Richmond Road. The sideroad before that takes you opposite the leisure centre. Trust me I lived in Putney for 17 years.

Hell if you don't believe me
http://tvnewsroom.co.uk/news-events/hung-sky-news-fri-sun-6362/
Oh there is, Parkfields links Howard's lane to Upper Richmond Road. The sideroad before that takes you opposite the leisure centre. Trust me I lived in Putney for 17 years.

Hell if you don't believe me
http://tvnewsroom.co.uk/news-events/hung-sky-news-fri-sun-6362/

Eh, you're right! I was looking at the wrong result from my Google Earth search history.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending