The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 760
Original post by Ape Gone Insane

Well, considering the Doctor killed two races/committed genocide, I'd say it was specific to Tennant but still something which he (all incarnations) avoided at all costs/until the situation compelled him.

Which two races did the other Doctors kill :holmes:

Even though the Silents weren't doing anything 'bad' per se but I can understand why the Doctor would want to reomve them and the way he did it would pretty much be the only way.

I can't remember the exact line but was it the Master who was saying about the Doctor never raising a hand himself when he wanted to attack, he always got others to do it for him. Using people as a means to an end rather than as an end in and of themselves?
Original post by Colonel.
Right, I'm **** at screenshots, but if you look at BBC iPlayer for the episode at 37:15 onwards, there are more than one laser killing the Silents.

River's gun = red
Doctor's screwdriver = green
Original post by sleekchic
If knowing who River really is can save his soul.

Here's my train of thought (it's amazing what Doctor Who does to common sense): the Doctor's soul is dark mainly because he killed so many people, predominantly during the Time War. If his soul is to be healed, he needs to take the blame for those deaths off of his shoulders........ Maybe River Song killed all the Time Lords? :colone:

I'm getting carried away, I know. :getmecoat:
Reply 763
Don't know if it was a Tennant specific thing but don't expect it to last for Smith's Doctor. Not much of a spoiler but apparently, Smith is going to be much darker and the days of merely saying he's the Doctor and having aliens fee (like in The Pandorica Opens) are over. He's actually going to be doing things.

Make of that what you will. There's also talk about:

I think so too. :five:
I am looking forward to Smith becomind a 'darker' Doctor. We need to see why whole races are terrified of the Doctor rather than just speeches and them running.
Last post before I bugger off for the night:

Ebay knows how it is. :cool:

I'm not cool enough for this thread :sad:
Original post by Mess.

Even though the Silents weren't doing anything 'bad' per se but I can understand why the Doctor would want to reomve them and the way he did it would pretty much be the only way.

I can't remember the exact line but was it the Master who was saying about the Doctor never raising a hand himself when he wanted to attack, he always got others to do it for him. Using people as a means to an end rather than as an end in and of themselves?

Time Lords/Gallifrey & Daleks/Skaro.

The previous incarnations, one of them in particular, were manipulative. The Doctor has of course killed. It was also implied (haven't seen the Master specific episode) that the Doctor killed the Master, at first.
I'm going to laugh so much when (if) we all turn out to be totally and utterly wrong.
(edited 12 years ago)
I'm guessing that the prequel and scenes from next episode have probably been lost in the wave of today's post. So here they are again for anyone who's missed them.

Reply 768
River's gun = red
Doctor's screwdriver = green

Yes, but DOES the screwdriver shoot like that? If so, then yeah, whatever.
Original post by Mess.

Time Lords and Daleks.
Original post by SirMasterKey
B

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 770

Time Lords/Gallifrey & Daleks/Skaro.

The previous incarnations, one of them in particular, were manipulative. The Doctor has of course killed. It was also implied (haven't seen the Master specific episode) that the Doctor killed the Master, at first.

Oooo I thought it would have been a race from the old times. I don't really count them as destroyed tbh as there is always a chance for them to come back, especially the Daleks :sigh:
Reply 771

Spoiler

Original post by Rascacielos
I'm going to laugh so much when (if) we all turn out to be totally and utterly wrong.

There's always speculation that is spot on. Last year, people were saying the coat that the Future Doctor wore in the Angels two parter was a production error. People speculated (including a large proportion of members here) that it was a future Doctor.
Thinking whether we should do a website, with only one webpage with all the unanswered questions, along with theories. And then we evaluate which ones were spot on. :holmes:

We really should. Perhaps post them in the OP and review them in June/September?

Although I don't know that I can wait until September.

Spoiler

The above is speculation about an unconfirmed rumour/spoiler.
Dinnae forget that this Doctor killed the Saturnytes (sp?) in Venice...
Original post by Colonel.
Yes, but DOES the screwdriver shoot like that?

If it does, why has he never used it before? I know the Master's screwdriver could kill people but I didn't know a sonic could, unless it's updated itself a lot from Tennant's.
Reply 776
Original post by DoktaUH

Spoiler

I hate those.
Original post by HigginsJiggins
Anyone think the fact that River is a 'Doctor' has any significance, possibly a timelord herself?

Original post by imperial maniac
I personally think so, the child may either be song or maybe the doctor and song's daughter?

Except she becomes a Professor in later life.

Don't know if it was a Tennant specific thing but don't expect it to last for Smith's Doctor. Not much of a spoiler but apparently, Smith is going to be much darker and the days of merely saying he's the Doctor and having aliens fee (like in The Pandorica Opens) are over. He's actually going to be doing things.

Make of that what you will. There's also talk about:

I think so too. :five:

I wonder....

Spoiler

I'm guessing that the prequel and scenes from next episode have probably been lost in the wave of today's post. So here they are again for anyone who's missed them.

Wanting to keep up in this thread made me forget to check them out. I haven't even checked the episode thread yet.
Reply 778
Oh ****, the last line the Doctor says is "You only live once."

Multiple timelines it is.
Original post by Mess.
x

YAY I've seen a pic of you :ahee:

Latest