The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm 5'7 and have a 28" leg (not sure whether that's inside or outside- but that's the leg length I get when buying jeans). It's incredibly annoying finding cheapish jeans in my size because they always seem to be made for people with 32" legs and 34" waists!
Reply 21
how can that be right, i have an inside leg of 34" (well for jeans anyway) and my legs are most certainly longer than any girls'
Reply 22
RedgeBanana
So, ima girl, and i'm 5'7.
I'm wondering what leg length would be considered long, and also what ya think the average length would be.

I have a 32" INSIDE leg.
Is that longish?

Apparently the 'perfect' leg length (ie what counts as long, because perfect female legs are long) is having an inseam (crotch to floor) measurement that is the same as your crotch to height measurement.

So your height is 67 inches if you're 5 ft 7

Your inseam is 32

67 - 32 = 35

Your legs would have to be 3 inches longer to be 'long'

I think you count as normal, definitely not short legged. I'm 5 ft 3 and my inseam is 29, so my legs would have to be 4 inches longer :frown:

Sometimes I roll up socks and put them in my shoes :biggrin:
I'm 5"6 and take a 32" leg in jeans. I'd say for my height, my legs are pretty long. I always struggle to get things to fit my legs AND waist which is a pain in the arse.
Reply 24
You have above average length legs for your height. You would if into having the perfect legs.

In a study conducted at Wroclaw University in Poland, regarding long legs, 218 male and female volunteers concluded that long legs are more desirable. Although the volunteers were the same height, they each had different leg lengths.

Very long legs, those with an extra 10 percent leg length, were actually rated as less attractive. The most preferred were legs that were just 5 percent longer than the average leg.

So why is someone like Kylie Minogue, the singer, considered to have the "best celebrity legs," even though she is only 5 ft. tall? It's because her nice legs are proportionally long compared to her small frame. For instance, if a women measures 5'-4" tall with an inseam leg measurement of 29", her legs would then be 45 percent of her overall height. This 45 percent is considered the right proportion for having average leg length.

If this same woman has an inseam measurement of 30-1/2" her legs would then account for 48 percent of her overall height, a 3 percent increase and could then be considered to have the perfect legs.
I'm 5"8 and wear a jean length of 34 inches, but I think the style of jean and wear you want to wear them should also be considered (I live to wear mine right on my hips whereas some can pull of low rise)
Reply 26
Original post by taperjeangirl!
I'm 5"10 and need a 36"/38" leg D: So even the 'long' lengths don't tend to be long enough as they usually go up to 34". Thank God for the "Tall Section" :p: I'm fine with tops/dresses/skirts though.. I can go to the normal people's section for those :rolleyes: (Usually)

This is basically what i was gonna post.
Reply 27
I have a friend who is 5'2 and has a 31 inch inside leg, to floor,she also has long arms and a long neck. She always says if her body was in proportion with her limbs she would be about 5'7. She is really attractive and wears high shoes with her jeans, to give her height, which makes her legs about 34 inches and at only 5'2, she jokes that she is like a cartoon,a gorgeous one though! (Hope she doesn't read this) :wink:
I am 6' 7 and all of my body is kinda long
Reply 29
Original post by RedgeBanana
I'm wondering what leg length would be considered long, and also what ya think the average length would be.

I have a 32" INSIDE leg.
Is that longish?

I'm 5'7 too
I get the 'short' jeans (opposed to the regular/long) in Hollister and the leg was 31'' :frown:

I reckon that's on the shortish side of regular, though I do think my legs look short if I wear a skirt
I'm 5'7'' with 34'' inside leg. My legs look long in proportion to the rest of my body.

I'm 5"6 and take a 32" leg in jeans. I'd say for my height, my legs are pretty long. I always struggle to get things to fit my legs AND waist which is a pain in the arse.

I find it hard to get jeans that look right on me. One of the reasons I normally wear either skirts or shorts.
Reply 31
I'm just over 5'4 and have 32" leg (inside)

I have like no upper body :emo:
Reply 32
5'6 1/2 AND 34" inside leg
so hard to find jeans/trousers size 6 34" legs
Most 34" seem to be size 8+ :frown:
Reply 33
Original post by RedgeBanana

I have a 32" INSIDE leg.
Is that longish?

i am 5ft 7 and my leg is 32 and people say ive got long legs for my height but they would be short for anyone over 5ft 10
5'7

30 inch is too short 32 is a tad too long but if they are skinny jeans they are fine.
Bleh depends on the shop but I usually go for 32
Original post by Girl Overboard
I'm about 5'7 or 5'8 and I've got 32 inch legs. I think they look too short in proportion to the rest of my body though. I reckon for my height 32-34 inches would be about average, and 34-36 and upwards would be long.

Same!!
Original post by oHellno
I'm just over 5'4 and have 32" leg (inside)

I have like no upper body :emo:

Ur lucky! I wish I had long legs :frown:
Reply 37
I'm 5'5" (and a half) and 30 inch jeans are too long for me :frown:
If your leg inseam is above average (45 %) it's considered long.
Here is a simple trick to calculate the percent of your leg inseam according to your height:
leg inseam (from crotch to bottom of your leg in centimeters) / your height (in centimeters) x 100
So, 81 cm / 170 cm X 100 = 47,6 % ==>> your legs are long.
If you want to increase your leg inseam percent, try exercises that will help you grow.
When your body is growing, it starts from the rotulian plates which means once you grow, your inseam will increase too.
I'm 5'7" - 5'8" and have 32 inch legs.
I think I'm long-waisted (short legs) but half the time I can't work out whether I have short legs or whether I'm balanced. Hate my shortish legs though :frown:

Latest