The Student Room Group

Question to girls who are 5'3'' and under

Do you think a guy who is around 5'9'' (5'7''-5'9'') is too short for you to date? does his height detract from his attractiveness?

Scroll to see replies

Why would a guy 6" taller than them, (and of average height), be too short to date?
All of this height stuff is fake and rubbish in the real world. If a girl really likes you then she's going to want to date you, she's not going to get her tape measure out and change her mind because you're not 6'0'' for heaven's sake.
(edited 9 months ago)
I dont know, there are some snobby girls out there, believe me
Original post by Anonymous
Do you think a guy who is around 5'9'' (5'7''-5'9'') is too short for you to date? does his height detract from his attractiveness?

Any guy under 7' is too short to be dated, ever
Reply 5
Original post by Admit-One
Why would a guy 6" taller than them, (and of average height), be too short to date?

Idk, I'm just asking?
Reply 6
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
All of this height stuff is fake and rubbish in the real world. If a girl really likes you then she's going to want to date you, she's not going to get her tape measure out and change her mind because you're not 6'0'' for heaven's sake.

I don't mean it like that. My question is whether it affects attractiveness for them.
Reply 7
Original post by EllieDaysx
I dont know, there are some snobby girls out there, believe me

lol I believe you but I mean, how many really like that are out there? and why? does it literally make the guy unattractive to be within that height range?? or is it something else that bothers you?
Idk, I'm just asking?

You're asking whether a woman of below average height would date a guy of average height. Most would, some wouldn't.

It's a bit like asking if men will date redheads.
Reply 9
You're asking whether a woman of below average height would date a guy of average height. Most would, some wouldn't.

Many if not all girls mention that they want someone "tall". Sometimes I think they mean taller than they are but often it seems they have a specific height and above in mind (I heard this girl saying she didn't want to be the only one in her friendship group whose bf is less than 6')
Many if not all girls mention that they want someone "tall". Sometimes I think they mean taller than they are but often it seems they have a specific height and above in mind (I heard this girl saying she didn't want to be the only one in her friendship group whose bf is less than 6')

Yes, but there's a difference between someone saying they want to date someone tall, dark and handsome and the reality of nice people that they meet in the real world.

Again, yes, for some people they might have a very strict dealbreaker with regards to height, but most won't beyond a nominal preference and there is no point worrying about something you can't control, (Why not worry about wearing glasses? Or having curly hair? Or a regional accent?) . I know loads of average/short guys. None of them have any trouble dating.
lol I believe you but I mean, how many really like that are out there? and why? does it literally make the guy unattractive to be within that height range?? or is it something else that bothers you?

Height doesn't brother me, so I'm always supporting the short kings out there. But there are lots of women like that, I already know quite a few.
No they don't. A lot of women that are 5'3 and under want men at least 5'10. I find that the shorter a woman is the more likely she will find taller guys too tall and be more accepting of other men's heights. I find this range to be like 4'10 and under. As a 5'4 man I will be sufficiently big enough for 4'10 and under women to make them feel protected and anything else they associate with being with a bigger man but I won't be too big so I believe it's like a "sweet spot" to such women. Other women like 4'11 and up don't find my height attractive. Whatever. The shortest women are cuter anyway and they're smarter cause they know what's comfortable for them and tall guys are probably more out of there comfort zone compared to other women. Exceptions can be made however I never usually see that many bigger men with women below 5'0 so there is truth to it.

It isn't. Height matters for all girls, it's not a preference. Girls want tall guys, that's a fact
It isn't. Height matters for all girls, it's not a preference. Girls want tall guys, that's a fact

By this logic nearly all men are single.
By this logic nearly all men are single.

Tall men are not rare
Tall men are not rare

But most men aren't tall. Most men are of average height because... that's how averages work.
But most men aren't tall. Most men are of average height because... that's how averages work.

There isn't a true average, many men are tall so they raise the calculation of average with the short men. I see tall men everywhere, it's not a rarity especially today
There isn't a true average, many men are tall so they raise the calculation of average with the short men. I see tall men everywhere, it's not a rarity especially today

In a dataset as large as population heights, the mode and average are going to be very, very close together. Sorry, those basketball players aren't skewing the figures.

The average height for a guy is 5'9, with variation in geographical locations. And more than half of adult guys are in relationships. I guess for those women, it isn't a dealbreaker.
In a dataset as large as population heights, the mode and average are going to be very, very close together. Sorry, those basketball players aren't skewing the figures.

The average height for a guy is 5'9, with variation in geographical locations. And more than half of adult guys are in relationships. I guess for those women, it isn't a dealbreaker.

Basketball players are 7 10", they're above the tall definition. Tall is like from 5 11, the calculation of average is made because of the short guys. Also single guys are not rare, so height does matter.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending