cxrmen
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
I'm really struggling with how I'm meant to structure my answer for this question as we have never done it in class before. Could anyone help? (I do the AQA spec btw)
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hi, I do A level politics and I normally get A's on my 25 markers and I use this formula for literally all of them. I do Edexell Politics btw not AQA but its probably the same thing.

1)Intro- Give a definition of what you are talking about, give a brief outline of the arguments you are going to make, give a brief conclusion.
2)Give two arguments for- Make sure each argument has an example.
3)Give two arguments against- Again, each argument needs an example.
4)Conclusion-Summarize all of the arguments you have made and GIVE YOUR OVERALL JUDGMENT. You have to give an overall judgment or your marks will be very limited.

If you want to send the actually essay you are struggling with in that would help as I could provide more detail

Make sure you spend 5 mins planning before you actually start to write the essay as it will save so much time and make your writing a lot more focused.

Good luck!
moso2203
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
i do aqa politics.

i don't really have a structure but this is what i usually do

intro - explain the key term in the question

3 / 4 paragraphs picking apart the extract, focusing on one point at a time - analyse and evaluate. add in your own knowledge/case studies/facts to support or oppose the argument in the extract. bring in provenance - is the source biased? what is the publisher, author, etc. place this anywhere tbh, intro/main body/conclusion - without it you won't get a high mark

conclusion - basically summarising the article's points and whether or not they're credible and why

if you'd like, i can share you one of my extract qs, just drop me a DM with a particular topic
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (111)
5.02%
Uncertainty around my education (332)
15.02%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (239)
10.81%
Lack of purpose or motivation (307)
13.89%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (102)
4.61%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (127)
5.74%
Loneliness (191)
8.64%
Financial worries (86)
3.89%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (93)
4.21%
Exposure to negative news/social media (103)
4.66%
Lack of real life entertainment (118)
5.34%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (193)
8.73%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (209)
9.45%

Watched Threads