The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

I'm home alone for Xmas so tonight I'm going to see either the original Swedish "Let The Right One In" or the remake "Let Me In". Both have excellent reviews. Decsions..Decisions..:s-smilie:

Original post by Phalanges
You make it sound as if Jumanji is something other than excellent.
Never ever. *shakes head*

Original post by Colonel.
You forgot Troll 2.

I quite like the original "Troll".
London Film Critics' Circle nominating a film that doesn't get a UK release until next year as British film of the year. Well done chaps.

At least they recognised the brilliance of Senna.
Looks worse than the first one:

I watched Groundhog Day for the first time today. Brilliant! :biggrin:
Original post by Pandora.
I watched Groundhog Day for the first time today. Brilliant! :biggrin:

You should watch it again tomorrow.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane

I like the cut of your jib.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane

Nice one :cool:
Original post by colonel.
i like the cut of your jib.

aye, avast
This kid really annoys me. He reviews films for some American news show.

The kid is a massive ****.
I have a major problem which an 11 year old reviewing films that are 12A and up tbh.
He looks like an even more smug, annoying version of my brother. Which is hard to beat.

Hobbit trailer. Not bad, but not awe-inspiring either. Would have been nice to get a glimpse of Smaug, but I get the feeling that's for another trailer. Also, some of the callbacks (idk what you call them here, reverse foreshadowing?) were a bit gratuitous for my liking. Like the Narsil shot. Internal consistency with LOTR is really mostly a good thing, but if The Hobbit ends up being primarily a work of reference I will be annoyed. Anyway, just a trailer, can't really judge etc.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Christien

Hobbit trailer. Not bad, but not awe-inspiring either. Would have been nice to get a glimpse of Smaug, but I get the feeling that's for another trailer. Also, some of the callbacks (idk what you call them here, reverse foreshadowing?) were a bit gratuitous for my liking. Like the Narsil shot. Internal consistency with LOTR is really mostly a good thing, but if The Hobbit ends up being primarily a work of reference I will be annoyed. Anyway, just a trailer, can't really judge etc.

Saw this earlier, and even though I can't say that I am overly pleased, I can't say I am bitterly disappointed as well. Thought the dwarf song was brilliant, as was the scenery. Its just the first of many trailers though and they haven't shot the bulk of the Part I yet I believe so I wasn't expecting too much atm.
Pretty much what i expected of the first hobbit trailer.

Also you can get the LOTR blu ray set for £13 on play.com today. Don't think it's the extended edition but its still a good price.
Happy LOTR:The Fellowship Of The Ring 10 year anniversary! To celebrate, I have a snuggy that is basically a giant cloak - I will be wearing it all day today pretending I'm Gandalf :biggrin:

I loved the trailer! It had that relative light-heartedness about it which is what I wanted seeing as The Hobbit is like a warm-up in seriousness to the LOTR trilogy. And the music was just brilliant! Also, I think Martin Freeman is the perfect Bilbo :biggrin:
Original post by cambo211
The kid is a massive ****.

Agreed.

And he said he "isn't a video game type of person". What type of 11 year old boy doesn't like video games :eyebrow:.
Reply 5157
I've never seen Lord of the Rings and I didn't really like The Dark Knight. I feel out of place in the Film forum :sad:

Just watched Inception (finally). Liked it, wasn't as hard to follow as people seem to make it out to be
Original post by Pheylan
I've never seen Lord of the Rings and I didn't really like The Dark Knight. I feel out of place in the Film forum :sad:

Just watched Inception (finally). Liked it, wasn't as hard to follow as people seem to make it out to be

:fuhrer:

I haven't even seen TDK though. :dontknow:
Original post by Christien

My thoughts exactly, but I'm definitely going to watch it.

Quick Reply

Latest