The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Bangor Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ZS1994
Well Done, Congrats, mine is next wednesday the 14th of March,, Would have been good if ours were on the same day :smile: Hope it goes well :smile: x

Oh well good luck for yours! Let me know how it goes and what you had to do :smile: x
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
WHOOO! I got the Bangor Scholarship! Anyone else heard from their scholarships??!! How did you guys do?! :smile:
Original post by africananimals
WHOOO! I got the Bangor Scholarship! Anyone else heard from their scholarships??!! How did you guys do?! :smile:

Congratulations! :biggrin: How did they tell you(email or letter?) :smile: i want to hear back soon :P
Original post by retrodisco666
Congratulations! :biggrin: How did they tell you(email or letter?) :smile: i want to hear back soon :P

Aww thanks! :smile: They sent me an email with all the names on and a seperate letter saying I'd got it. Did you do yours in Music? :smile:
Aww thanks! :smile: They sent me an email with all the names on and a seperate letter saying I'd got it. Did you do yours in Music? :smile:

No, French :smile: hopefully i will back soon :biggrin:
Reply 185

Just got the confirmation letter this morning. Got the School of EE one and a (quite low) merit scholarship too.

Do the scholarships include an unconditional offer?
My school's sixth form tutor told me it does, but it said nothing about it on the letter and my UCAS application hasn't changed to say unconditional.
Original post by Curt
Just got the confirmation letter this morning. Got the School of EE one and a (quite low) merit scholarship too.

My school's sixth form tutor told me it does, but it said nothing about it on the letter and my UCAS application hasn't changed to say unconditional.

Hi there!!! :smile: Umm...I dont really know, Ive not recieved anything about an unconditional offer, I think you should email them or call them, theyre usually quick to respond, :smile: Congrats on your offer! :smile:
No, French :smile: hopefully i will back soon :biggrin:

Oh cooll! Is that your course your doing? :smile:
Oh cooll! Is that your course your doing? :smile:

Yes, with another language (german i think). Didn't get the scholarship, but it doesn't matter, i still can't wait to go in september :biggrin:
Reply 189
Original post by alice.rose.evans
Oh well good luck for yours! Let me know how it goes and what you had to do :smile: x

Hey :smile:
Its a pretty straightforward interview really, quite in formal just a one-to-one chat almost. Theres a reading task that you have to read and get time to make notes about it and then during the actual interview you will get asked that question and you can use your notes to help you. The writing task was just an option to write why you think you should be a teacher.
Hope you have a good day and let me know how it goes.
I just have to sit and wait now, until i hear back from them :smile:
Byee and good luck :smile:
I really want to get to know people before i go :smile: so if you've firmed Bangor and would like to adopt a new friend (i promise i'm not much work) add me on Facebook :smile: Ross Ginger Fool Smith
I really want to get to know people before i go :smile: so if you've firmed Bangor and would like to adopt a new friend (i promise i'm not much work) add me on Facebook :smile: Ross Ginger Fool Smith

I've added you :smile: I'm Madison Matthews if anyone else is a Bangor firmer and wants to add me :smile:
Reply 192
Firmed Bangor for Media Studies :smile:
Got offers from Bangor,Swansea and Manchester Metropolitan!!! Probably i'll go to Bangor in order to graduate for sure :P
Reply 194
Original post by Curt

Just in case anyone was pondering this, the scholarship doesn't include an unconditional offer, just first choice in accommodation (which you need to mention on the online form when applying by the way).

Hope this doesn't disappoint anyone.
What's everyone thinking of going for in accom., ensuite or shared? I want shared bathrooms but I'm toying with the idea of applying for JMJ so that I can carry on speaking Welsh, but it's ensuite I think and a lot more expensive than shared!
I'm getting so excited for uni now, I just hope I get in!
Original post by madders94
I've added you :smile: I'm Madison Matthews if anyone else is a Bangor firmer and wants to add me :smile:

This is going to sound so random and weird as it's completely off topic but your name has a really nice flow to it. It's nice, i like it!
Original post by madders94
What's everyone thinking of going for in accom., ensuite or shared? I want shared bathrooms but I'm toying with the idea of applying for JMJ so that I can carry on speaking Welsh, but it's ensuite I think and a lot more expensive than shared!

Shared halls are really old (60s builds and never updated) and the bathrooms are not great... If you have the extra money, go for ensuite.
Original post by ra-ra-ra
This is going to sound so random and weird as it's completely off topic but your name has a really nice flow to it. It's nice, i like it!

Aww thank you :colondollar: :smile:

Original post by kiss_me_now9
Shared halls are really old (60s builds and never updated) and the bathrooms are not great... If you have the extra money, go for ensuite.

I thought they said Reichel was updated and renovated last year? That's the one I want to go for.

Quick Reply

Latest