The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Welcome to the Bangor University A100 2024 Entry Discussion.

Welcome to the Bangor University A100 2024 Entry Discussion.

For general information on Medicine at Bangor

For entry requirements click: https://www.bangor.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/a100-medicine-bmbs#entryrequirements

For general course information: https://www.bangor.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/a100-medicine-bmbs

UCAS link: https://digital.ucas.com/coursedisplay/courses/72976cb3-1911-47f1-b4af-75d6e9d70314?backUrl=https:%2F%2Fwww.ucas.com%2Fexplore%2Frelated%2F7522cc92-d132-567e-e079-02b254dfad10

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, advertise or mention group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Scroll to see replies

From September 2024, Bangor University will be launching its first medicine programme where students will be able to complete their entire medical degree programme in North Wales.

Whilst our independent medical school is newly formed, we have a successful track record of training medical students. Since 2018 we have been successfully delivering the Cardiff University C21 North Wales Medicine programme for Year 3 students, from 2019 for Year 2 to 5 graduate entry students, and from 2020 with Cardiff Year 1 students transferring to Bangor to complete their programme in North Wales.

On 17 July 2023 at Cardiff University, the first cohort of medical students who studied in North Wales graduated. Based on this strong foundation, our newly established medical school will build on the success of the C21 North Wales programme in delivering first-class medical education.

As we’re a new medical school we know you may have more questions about studying at Bangor so please feel free to ask below or discuss amongst yourselves.

More information on entry requirements is available here:

https://www.bangor.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/a100-medicine-bmbs#entryrequirements

Here’s a summary of some of the main entry requirements (but please do read the entry requirements in full):
- We’re not currently accepting international students.
- We do not accept qualification resits.
- UCAT required prior to submission we do not have a minimum threshold but it will be used in the selection process.
- A Levels - AAA required. This must include Biology and an additional science (list via link)
- A contextual offer of AAB may be made to first language Welsh speakers or those who meet our contextual offer requirements (more information via link above)
- GCSEs English/Welsh Language B/6, and Double Science at grades BB/66 (or grades B/6 in both Biology and Chemistry) and Maths grade B/6 and five other GCSEs at grade B/6

Remember, feel free to ask any questions you may have :smile:
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
How many places are available for the 2024 entry?
Reply 3
As this is new, would they be accepting low ucat score for the rest of the UK for interview this year or is it not worth a shot
Original post by indeterminate-gr
How many places are available for the 2024 entry?

Hi @indeterminate-gr

I can't say for 100% sure, but I believe we will have around 60 spaces for 2024 entry.

Sera
Original post by eveeve18
As this is new, would they be accepting low ucat score for the rest of the UK for interview this year or is it not worth a shot

Hi @eveeve18

This is a great question and something I will look into. I'll get back to you tomorrow morning on this.

Sera
I understand that the university will give contextual offers to welsh-speaking students? But would the university prioritise Welsh- speaking students over non-welsh speaking students when making offers?
Reply 7
Is the whole selection process and academic + ucat scoring process going to be the same as Cardiffs? As well as the threshold for interview? If not then do you know how selection works ?
Reply 8
Original post by Bangor Uni
From September 2024, Bangor University will be launching its first medicine programme where students will be able to complete their entire medical degree programme in North Wales.

Whilst our independent medical school is newly formed, we have a successful track record of training medical students. Since 2018 we have been successfully delivering the Cardiff University C21 North Wales Medicine programme for Year 3 students, from 2019 for Year 2 to 5 graduate entry students, and from 2020 with Cardiff Year 1 students transferring to Bangor to complete their programme in North Wales.

On 17 July 2023 at Cardiff University, the first cohort of medical students who studied in North Wales graduated. Based on this strong foundation, our newly established medical school will build on the success of the C21 North Wales programme in delivering first-class medical education.

As we’re a new medical school we know you may have more questions about studying at Bangor so please feel free to ask below or discuss amongst yourselves.

More information on entry requirements is available here:

https://www.bangor.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/a100-medicine-bmbs#entryrequirements

Here’s a summary of some of the main entry requirements (but please do read the entry requirements in full):
- We’re not currently accepting international students.
- We do not accept qualification resits.
- UCAT required prior to submission we do not have a minimum threshold but it will be used in the selection process.
- A Levels - AAA required. This must include Biology and an additional science (list via link)
- A contextual offer of AAB may be made to first language Welsh speakers or those who meet our contextual offer requirements (more information via link above)
- GCSEs English/Welsh Language B/6, and Double Science at grades BB/66 (or grades B/6 in both Biology and Chemistry) and Maths grade B/6 and five other GCSEs at grade B/6

Remember, feel free to ask any questions you may have :smile:

Do you accept students that resit a single unit in an A2 subject but overall finished their A-levels within a 2 year period?
Reply 9
Hi @eveeve18

This is a great question and something I will look into. I'll get back to you tomorrow morning on this.

Sera

Has there been some sort of guidance for this yet?
Original post by eviebea
Do you accept students that resit a single unit in an A2 subject but overall finished their A-levels within a 2 year period?

Hi @eviebea

As long as you achieve the required grade at the end of the 2 year period and haven't re-sat the entire A-level.

a resit within the time of the course until the final grade is awarded is ok. A resit after this time should not' be accepted.

Hope this helps :smile:

Sera
Reply 11
Hi @eveeve18

Sera

hi are there any updates on this ?
Reply 12
Original post by Cymry
Has there been some sort of guidance for this yet?

any more updates for this question????
I have submitted an application for Bangor university, when will we receive a confirmation that the uni has received our application?
Reply 14
Hi @eveeve18

Sera

Hello, do you have an answer for this? Also is there a specific system that Bangor will rank candidates and invite them to an interview? Does Bangor do all MMIs online?
Thank you for your time!
Hi - does anyone have anything back from Bangor yet after the interviews mid December?
Wondering when the first offers might be out.
They have said on the website- offers will be started to be sent out from mid March, I believe.
Original post by Anonymous #1
They have said on the website- offers will be started to be sent out from mid March, I believe.

Thanks!!!
Just got an offer! I got my offer on UCAS if anyone is wondering! Good luck everyone!!

Quick Reply

Latest