Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Westminster Scholarships

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by mekagrg
I already applied for mine. Are you mentioning any other scholarship on the form? I didn't. I just wrote "Full International Scholarships". I wonder if that was a good idea to mention just one scholarship. :frown:

Anyway, i wrote about my financial need on the first paragraph and described my ability on the second one and on the third one, i explained what my intentions were. Since the word limit was so limited, i had to be very concise which was hard to do.

Well, good luck.:smile:

That's what I wrote too. I don't want any other scholarships, since the others only offer full tuition fees and that's not enough for me. So I guess it's ok, right?

Sounds like you have written a wonderful essay. I'm just lost on how to explain my financial need without sounding like I'm begging, you know. lol. :biggrin:

Thanks, good luck to you, too. :biggrin:
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Reply 221
Original post by candy82
That's what I wrote too. I don't want any other scholarships, since the others only offer full tuition fees and that's not enough for me. So I guess it's ok, right?

Sounds like you have written a wonderful essay. I'm just lost on how to explain my financial need without sounding like I'm begging, you know. lol. :biggrin:

Thanks, good luck to you, too. :biggrin:

haha i know right. It's tricky to write a scholarship essay without sounding desperate. Well, again, Good luck. :smile:
Reply 222
Original post by mekagrg
haha i know right. It's tricky to write a scholarship essay without sounding desperate. Well, again, Good luck. :smile:

lol true. Where are you from, btw? And what course have you applied to?
Reply 223
Original post by candy82
lol true. Where are you from, btw? And what course have you applied to?

I am from Nepal. I applied to English Language and Linguistics. What about you?
Reply 224
Hi all, i am from Indonesia and i have applied for Westminster International Scholarship.

I have seen the University website and found out that last year only 3 person granted the westminster international scholarship. :s-smilie:

Is there anyone here know what actually made a person to get the scholarship?
Reply 225
Original post by mekagrg
I am from Nepal. I applied to English Language and Linguistics. What about you?

I'm from Egypt and I'm applying for MSC Marketing Management. :biggrin:
Reply 226
Original post by sunlove
Hi all, i am from Indonesia and i have applied for Westminster International Scholarship.

I have seen the University website and found out that last year only 3 person granted the westminster international scholarship. :s-smilie:

Omg, only 3? That doesn't bod well. Yikes!
Reply 227
Really? 3 is a really small number but they give other types of scholarships (you know the diplomatic and all that stuff) so i guess it's not that bad.
Original post by sunlove

Hello :smile:
I applied for the W Int Scholarship. I don't think you are right about the number of scholarship. Where did you see 3 (post a link)?
Hello guys,
I've been thinking something and I want to ask you so that I can be sure I did everything well. Did you fill section B starting with Dear Madam/Sir or just wrote in a classical manner? And did you mention why exactly you want that course (the one you have chosen) and exactly at Westminster University?
Tnx in advance
Reply 230
Original post by AnnaWintour
Hello guys,
I've been thinking something and I want to ask you so that I can be sure I did everything well. Did you fill section B starting with Dear Madam/Sir or just wrote in a classical manner? And did you mention why exactly you want that course (the one you have chosen) and exactly at Westminster University?
Tnx in advance

I didn't write Dear Madam/Sir. I just pasted my essay there. I mentioned why i thought i would do well in English language and linguistics but didn't mention why exactly at University of Westminster.

What did you do? What are you planning to study there?
Original post by mekagrg
I didn't write Dear Madam/Sir. I just pasted my essay there. I mentioned why i thought i would do well in English language and linguistics but didn't mention why exactly at University of Westminster.

What did you do? What are you planning to study there?

I did the same, without saying why exactly Westminster Uni. I got an offer for MA International Relations.
Reply 232
I did the same, without saying why exactly Westminster Uni. I got an offer for MA International Relations.

Cool. I am just doing my BA even though i should have been doing my MA :s-smilie:
Anyway, are you nervous about the results? I am really nervous since very few seem to get them due to ridiculously extreme competition. Oh well, good luck.
Original post by mekagrg
Cool. I am just doing my BA even though i should have been doing my MA :s-smilie:
Anyway, are you nervous about the results? I am really nervous since very few seem to get them due to ridiculously extreme competition. Oh well, good luck.

I can even explain my feelings toward my applications. I have been under stress (of course, because of them) very long time, I got used to it. Anyways, I don't think that the scholarships are just few. Did you apply precisely for one, or you wrote what you need so that they can manage you a scholarship?
Reply 234
I can even explain my feelings toward my applications. I have been under stress (of course, because of them) very long time, I got used to it. Anyways, I don't think that the scholarships are just few. Did you apply precisely for one, or you wrote what you need so that they can manage you a scholarship?

Funny you mentioned it. I actually just wrote "Full International Scholarships", thinking it would be enough to make the committee think that i am happy to get any aid. I know this assumption can cost me a lot but for some reason it made sense to me when i wrote it. I should've wrote "Tuition assistance" or something. :frown: What did you write?
Reply 235
Hi everyone, I am an international student and applied for Postgraduate scholarships. I have two issues if any of you could help me with...

(1) As it was close to the deadline (31st May) I couriered the application instead of posting it. (It would take ages to reach post to the UK from my country.) Does anyone know anything that they accepts ONLY posts. (I thought courier works the same way as post, only thing is it does not go through a post office and they need our applications in hard copies after all.)

(2) I'm reading for an MPhil here so if I'm successful in getting a scholarship, I have to leave my MPhil behind. (I applied to Westminster despite of reading for the MPhil because I really wanted to get the learning experience in another country.) I read the students' reviews on other threads, and most of them have said that Westminster is not so good. I don't care about social life etc. as had enough of it in my undergrads. :tongue: I jut want to get a good degree so that I can better serve my country. Perhaps this is not the place to ask this question, but does any of you have any idea about the quality of education at Westminster? I applied for MA Fashion Business Management by the way.

Appreciate your ideas. Thanks and wish you all who applied for the scholarships....
Original post by Luckymore
Hi everyone, I am an international student and applied for Postgraduate scholarships. I have two issues if any of you could help me with...

(1) As it was close to the deadline (31st May) I couriered the application instead of posting it. (It would take ages to reach post to the UK from my country.) Does anyone know anything that they accepts ONLY posts. (I thought courier works the same way as post, only thing is it does not go through a post office and they need our applications in hard copies after all.)

(2) I'm reading for an MPhil here so if I'm successful in getting a scholarship, I have to leave my MPhil behind. (I applied to Westminster despite of reading for the MPhil because I really wanted to get the learning experience in another country.) I read the students' reviews on other threads, and most of them have said that Westminster is not so good. I don't care about social life etc. as had enough of it in my undergrads. :tongue: I jut want to get a good degree so that I can better serve my country. Perhaps this is not the place to ask this question, but does any of you have any idea about the quality of education at Westminster? I applied for MA Fashion Business Management by the way.

Appreciate your ideas. Thanks and wish you all who applied for the scholarships....

Hi, I am international student too. I don't know where are you from, but I am sure that FedEx and DHL deliver mails in 2 days all over the world. And btw, you are studying the only thing in the world I really want to study, but did not have financial support. Good luck :smile:
Reply 237
Original post by Luckymore

Same here with the post. So i sent mine via DHL. My application arrived within couple of days, which i was really glad about and now i am just dreading about its result. :smile:
Does anybody know when we will hear about the results of our scholarship applications ?
Does anybody know when we will hear about the results of our scholarship applications ?

I think it depends on how early you apply for the scholarship. A friend of mine sent his scholarship application for September 2012 intake in December 2011 and he received an email from the university said that the result would come to him in early June, few days after the deadline. My application reached the Scholarship House in early April, then I received an email said that the outcome would be released in the late of July. How about you? Did you receive any confirmation email like that?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending