The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Westminster Scholarships

Scroll to see replies

what are the requirements applying for scholarship???
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Hello everybody!

I also applied for the MA Music Business Management Course and got the offer like 3 or 4 weeks ago. It is important to remember that in the website they state that, if your scholarship application is received by them too close to the deadline, THEY WON'T REPLY OR SEND ANY E-MAILS.

However, they will contact you wether or not you're successful with your application.

I know late july seems like a lot of time, but I understand that it takes a lot to review all the applications since they got between 3500 and 4000 of them (they told me that during the interview).

So, let's all be patient, aim for the best, and hope to see you at Westminster!

Bests,

Cristhian
Reply 262
Original post by cristhianfm
Hello everybody!

I also applied for the MA Music Business Management Course and got the offer like 3 or 4 weeks ago. It is important to remember that in the website they state that, if your scholarship application is received by them too close to the deadline, THEY WON'T REPLY OR SEND ANY E-MAILS.

However, they will contact you wether or not you're successful with your application.

I know late july seems like a lot of time, but I understand that it takes a lot to review all the applications since they got between 3500 and 4000 of them (they told me that during the interview).

So, let's all be patient, aim for the best, and hope to see you at Westminster!

Bests,

Cristhian

Man, i wish i could do an interview as well. It might have given me a chance to show more of me than what was on my application.

Do you think it's true that the successful ones get their answers way before the unsuccessful ones do? There are couple in this forum who claim to have gotten the scholarship and they seem to be getting it on early June. Makes me worry.
Good luck with yours. :smile:
Reply 263
Original post by watsgoingon
what are the requirements applying for scholarship???

I think you have to have at least 60% to apply for the gold scholarships and other requirements like TOEFL and IELTS if you are an international student. You have to write an essay demonstrating your potential and your financial need. The university has the scholarship brochure on their website which you can download. It has all the information you need.

But the deadline is already gone for the September course. It was May 30th. Or were you wanting to know about January? If so, then you have plenty of time.
Good luck. :smile:
Anyone received anything from the university? My friend just got an mail yesterday notified that he failed. :-ss. I am so worried now coz he has quite good academic records: IELTS: 8.0, GMAT: 710 and GPA: 8.45/10 ( 10 is the highest mark in my country) plus 1 year working experience for a NGO. Y__Y. This competition is so tough!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 265
Original post by queenie0105
Anyone received anything from the university? My friend just got an mail yesterday notified that he failed. :-ss. I am so worried now coz he has quite good academic records: IELTS: 8.0, GMAT: 710 and GPA: 8.45/10 ( 10 is the highest mark in my country) plus 1 year working experience for a NGO. Y__Y. This competition is so tough!

Oh No. That's bad and yes, i am worried too now that i know someone got an answer. Are you a Master's student? I am applying for an Undergraduate Scholarship which i think is even more rare. Oh, I am getting a bad feeling about this.:frown: What's your record like?
Original post by mekagrg
Oh No. That's bad and yes, i am worried too now that i know someone got an answer. Are you a Master's student? I am applying for an Undergraduate Scholarship which i think is even more rare. Oh, I am getting a bad feeling about this.:frown: What's your record like?

I am a MA applicant. My profile is not really as good as my friend's, IE: 7.5, GPA: 8.1. I think maybe, the selection is also based on how you wrote your statement and how your Letter of Recommendation is as well. We cant do anything but praying for the magic only :biggrin:.

Fingers crossed :X
Reply 267
I am a MA applicant. My profile is not really as good as my friend's, IE: 7.5, GPA: 8.1. I think maybe, the selection is also based on how you wrote your statement and how your Letter of Recommendation is as well. We cant do anything but praying for the magic only :biggrin:.

Fingers crossed :X

I know right. Well, best of luck and do let us know if you get your answer. :smile:
Hi All,

Just thought I'd share that they are in fact sending decisions as soon as they have reviewed an individual's application. So you most likely will not have to wait until late July if they have reviewed your application and have made a decision already.

I received my email earlier this week.

Best of luck to all!
Reply 269
Original post by sunnyb_light
Hi All,

Just thought I'd share that they are in fact sending decisions as soon as they have reviewed an individual's application. So you most likely will not have to wait until late July if they have reviewed your application and have made a decision already.

I received my email earlier this week.

Best of luck to all!

Oh that's nice to hear. When did you send your application? And what was your result?

Thank you for updating us. :smile:
Reply 270
Hi, everyone.

I am now waiting for postgraduate scholarhsips result. and I could not afford my study in UK without full scholarships.

Initially, I appled for MSc in International Business Economics; however, last week the Admission Office advised me that this couse was cancelled and replaced with a new one, the International Economic Policy and Analysis, which offers both MA and MSc stream.
And what I have to do now is to make a choice betwwen MA and MSC stream.

Guys, please help me differentiate MA and MSc course. What are the difference between them?
I aslo know the guy queenie0105 mentiioned, and felt quite shocked at his result. Actually, he and I went to the same University in my country.

Thank you so much and Good luck to all!
Reply 271

Dats serious. I'm kind of worried now, I don't even have IELTS cert. Well, I'm jst trusting God for this miracle, He is the giver of everything including scholarship and He is ever faithful. Guy, let's hope 4 d best. Tnx 4 d info.
Reply 272
Original post by ptmy
Hi, everyone.

I am now waiting for postgraduate scholarhsips result. and I could not afford my study in UK without full scholarships.

Initially, I appled for MSc in International Business Economics; however, last week the Admission Office advised me that this couse was cancelled and replaced with a new one, the International Economic Policy and Analysis, which offers both MA and MSc stream.
And what I have to do now is to make a choice betwwen MA and MSC stream.

Guys, please help me differentiate MA and MSc course. What are the difference between them?
I aslo know the guy queenie0105 mentiioned, and felt quite shocked at his result. Actually, he and I went to the same University in my country.

Thank you so much and Good luck to all!

As far as i know, MA is for students who already have an undergrad degree and experience in the related field whereas Msc is for those who are entering into a new one or is less experienced.
For eg. If you want to get into journalism field, you will get an MA if you already are familiar with all the technicality and have tonnes of experiences. But you will probably be better off with an Msc if you have, let's say an English degree but would love to get into the Journalism world.

I think that's it but universities are different and so are countries. You should probably just ask for your school advisor's help. I hope this was useful. :smile:

And good luck with your application as well. :smile:
Reply 273
Original post by mekagrg
As far as i know, MA is for students who already have an undergrad degree and experience in the related field whereas Msc is for those who are entering into a new one or is less experienced.
For eg. If you want to get into journalism field, you will get an MA if you already are familiar with all the technicality and have tonnes of experiences. But you will probably be better off with an Msc if you have, let's say an English degree but would love to get into the Journalism world.

I think that's it but universities are different and so are countries. You should probably just ask for your school advisor's help. I hope this was useful. :smile:

And good luck with your application as well. :smile:

Thank you so much.
Having read the syllabus many times, I chose the MA stream which seems to be more suitable for my goals.

Anyone got result?

Now I am in a very strange mood. I definitely want to hear good news and stop such nerve-racking time. On the other hand, I am very edgy on checking mail, afraid to know that I ...:frown:
Reply 274
Original post by ptmy
Thank you so much.
Having read the syllabus many times, I chose the MA stream which seems to be more suitable for my goals.

Anyone got result?

Now I am in a very strange mood. I definitely want to hear good news and stop such nerve-racking time. On the other hand, I am very edgy on checking mail, afraid to know that I ...:frown:

I haven't got mine yet. I applied for an undergraduate scholarship for international students. I know how you feel. This wait is a bit more harder to dealt with than others because it takes quite a long time, time where you spent hoping that you might be the lucky one. So, when it doesn't go well, it's mildly devastating. There's always the next time but it would be amazing to get it now. :smile:
Reply 275
Got the reply on my scholarship this morning. I had applied for Tuition Fee Waiver as an undergrad student but unfortunately I wasn't chosen.
Reply 276
Original post by andrealm
Got the reply on my scholarship this morning. I had applied for Tuition Fee Waiver as an undergrad student but unfortunately I wasn't chosen.

Oh no.. :frown: Sorry about that.

Will you still be going to the university? I don't think i will if i don't get the scholarship.I haven't even gotten my answer yet.
Reply 277
I am going anyway. It's gonna be 3x harder but it's worth it. Good luck for you! The reply should be coming soon.
Reply 278
Any postgraduate got a reply?

All the best guys.
Reply 279
3 of my acquaintances got the result for postgraduate scholarships, they three were not chosen.
- First is the guy queenie mentioned.
- Second, a guy (also from my university), this guy won another 2 scholarships (granted by Switzerland Government and Belgium Bilateral Scholarship)
- Last, second guy's friend.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending