The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

Living in clifton?

Any second or third years be able to give advice on where to live next year? My friends are looking at clifton (tbf they dont seem to expensive) but i fancy horefield/gloucester rd!
Anyone got any experience of living in clifton or where the best place to live?
Also, where is the most 'studenty' area on gloucester rd? (to help search for houses)
Reply 1
Clifton isn't too expensive but is more expensive than any other place in North Bristol as far as I'm aware. But it is super nice. Full of hipsters (Not sure how that came about)

Gloucester Road is quite nice because you have direct connection to town and to uni. Can't go wrong. Affordable. Full of students and loads of shops scattered around.

The most "Studenty" area on Gloucester Road is probably the stretch between the Filton Avenue/Muller road intersection all the way to Sainsburys.

Fishponds is also quite good because you can get the UWE bus pass which is cheaper than the First bus pass. There's also a Lidl which is great when you're low on cash. I lived there before and it's quite alright. Access to the cycle track is also useful if you're into your cycling. I live in Staple Hill now which is also nice IMO.

Feel free to find me/PM me if you have any other Qs about Bristol. :smile:
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Reply 2
Found a nice place in St. Pauls. Dirt cheap as well. The locals seem really friendly.
Reply 3
Original post by Ed29592
Found a nice place in St. Pauls. Dirt cheap as well. The locals seem really friendly.

They will stab and/or shoot you.

Clifton is bare posh.
Reply 4
Original post by Ed29592

Original post by Philbert
They will stab and/or shoot you.

Clifton is bare posh.

What she said. St Pauls is.. well, not somewhere I wanna be at night.
Reply 5
I was actually joking. I ended up there after a night out and I was legitimately scared for my life. Got threatened to be stabbed just for asking what road I was on.
Original post by Ed29592
I was actually joking. Got threatened to be stabbed just for asking what road I was on.

Lol.
Original post by Ed29592
I was actually joking. I ended up there after a night out and I was legitimately scared for my life. Got threatened to be stabbed just for asking what road I was on.

And the worrying thing is that St Pauls is a lot, lot better than it used to be until relatively recently. Race riots, internationally renowned crack dens (Black and White Cafe) and other such lovely things galore. Anyone with any sense & enough money moves 5 minutes away to Cotham / Montpelier / St Andrews / similar.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending