The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

Trying to choose a uni

I am trying to decide where I would like to study starting September 2024. I am torn between Bristol UWE and Bournemouth. I'm studying ecology and conservation. I love the course at Bristol but I don't know much about the city and I'm worried that being on Frenchay campus cold be quite isolating. I love Bournemouth but i don't know if it is as exciting as the Bristol one seems.

I also wanted to ask about Bristol UWE if I was to go is it better to live in the city centre or actually on frenchay campus.

Any advice about this would be super helpful :smile:

Thanks
Hi There,

My name is Will, I'm a BA Media Production Student at Bournemouth University.
Great to hear you are looking at Bournemouth for University!

So obviously, I am not on the Ecology and Conservation course, however, I have learnt a fair bit about it from helping our Marketing Department film our subject area YouTube videos which are a great watch to get a teaser of the course.
This one here is the BSc (Hons) Ecology and Wildlife Conservation Course Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltSd27UtahQ
A big thing I would also say is how fortunately Bournemouth is situated, we are right in the heart of the Jurassic coast with so many Nature Reserves like Avon Heath, Brownsea Island and the New Forest, to name a few. Bournemouth is also continuously investing in industry-standard facilities to ensure our students go into the workplace with the skills needed to thrive.

I hope this helps,
Let me know if you have any questions!
Will Rodwell - BU Student Rep!
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending