The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

Transferring to UWE

Im currently first year psychology student at Sheffield Hallam. While i thoroughly enjoy the course I've been very disappointed with my social experience there. Im from London and I enjoy a big city and keeping busy, going out loads to concerts and raves ect. I found that Sheffield tends to attract more people from smaller cities who therefore dont want to go out as much as I do. Im thinking about transferring to UWE in Bristol as the course is very similar and I would assume the city would be more suitable for me but does anyone have an experience similar to this where they transferred due to social reasons? Or anyone who goes to UWE could you comment on its social life and the undergrad psychology course
Original post by laracroft_
Im currently first year psychology student at Sheffield Hallam. While i thoroughly enjoy the course I've been very disappointed with my social experience there. Im from London and I enjoy a big city and keeping busy, going out loads to concerts and raves ect. I found that Sheffield tends to attract more people from smaller cities who therefore dont want to go out as much as I do. Im thinking about transferring to UWE in Bristol as the course is very similar and I would assume the city would be more suitable for me but does anyone have an experience similar to this where they transferred due to social reasons? Or anyone who goes to UWE could you comment on its social life and the undergrad psychology course

In all honesty, a lot of the time it’s the people rather than the university. Bristol city does entice a lot more people who may suit you though on the whole so this could be beneficial.

I’m sorry you’ve had some social struggles at Sheffield Hallam. I’d look at a few various universities, visit and speak to students at them before making your decision though as once you do this transfer you’ll have to stick it out whether you like it or not really.

Bath Spa is a very nice uni, close proximity to Bristol, people I know that do here absolutely love it. Kingston is a fun university also, alongside universities in cities such as Leeds, Manchester or Brighton. I also hear many good things about Plymouth Marjon for nightlife and Bournemouth. I hope this helps a little bit. 🙂
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Original post by laracroft_

Hi @laracroft_!

As @anonymous#1 mentioned, Kingston could be another great Uni option for you. While still being in London, it is slightly further out so you can enjoy both sides of a big and busy city and a more quieter area. With Kingston, it can be a social university with lots of pubs around the Surbiton and Kingston area and easy access to the trains for a 20 min journey to Waterloo to enjoy London's nightlife. Getting an Uber home from London is also very easy and cheap.

I would recommend visiting our next open day to have a campus tour and a feel for the town. You can then speak to other students and gage the social aspect for yourself. For updates on our next open day you can check on our Uni website.

I hope this helps!

-Yasmin (Kingston Rep)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending