The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

UWE primary education interview

Hello,

I have recently been invited to an interview for primary education. I am so excited for it! Are there any tips anyone could offer, having been through it? I also need to find a book for presentation, if anyone has tips on how to engage the audience, that would be amazing :smile:

Thanks in advance
Original post by ElStratford
Hello,

I have recently been invited to an interview for primary education. I am so excited for it! Are there any tips anyone could offer, having been through it? I also need to find a book for presentation, if anyone has tips on how to engage the audience, that would be amazing :smile:

Thanks in advance

Hi El Stratford,

Congratulations on being invited to interview! We wish you the best of luck.

Tori :smile:
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Reply 2
im about to send of my UCAS form and applying to UWE, what was the timelines for you getting a response? also is it online or in person
thanks and good luck x
Reply 3
Original post by charves14
im about to send of my UCAS form and applying to UWE, what was the timelines for you getting a response? also is it online or in person
thanks and good luck x

It was actually really quick for me. Within a few days! It’s all online via teams.
Good luck to you too!
Hello,

Thanks in advance

I have also been invited for an interview, congratulations! Have you already had yours? If so how did it go? This is my first interview so I’m a little unsure of what to expect! Good luck with everything:smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous #1
I have also been invited for an interview, congratulations! Have you already had yours? If so how did it go? This is my first interview so I’m a little unsure of what to expect! Good luck with everything:smile:

Congratulations! I’ve had mine, and been offered a place 🙂
The interviewers were so lovely and really helped you feel relaxed. We had a course talk, then broke out into groups for the book presentation and group interviews. By the end, I wasn’t nervous at all. Everyone was really nice and supportive.

Good luck!
Reply 6

Congratulations! I’ve had mine, and been offered a place 🙂
The interviewers were so lovely and really helped you feel relaxed. We had a course talk, then broke out into groups for the book presentation and group interviews. By the end, I wasn’t nervous at all. Everyone was really nice and supportive.

Good luck!

Heyy, I also have an interview in few days. What book did you pick? Or like what kind of genre do you think is best?
Reply 7
there was a wide mix of books, some did like picture books for younger kids and another did Matilda. It’s the sort of thing where you can pick anything as long as you can explain why you chose it and how it fits in the class.
the book i picked was ‘you wouldn’t want to be a Victorian schoolchild!’ Which i linked to history and PSHE, just make sure you can also think of the book fitting to different age ranges

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending