The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

Applying to UWE with one grade lower than entry requirements

Hello, currently I am predicted a BBD for art, sociology and economics. I want to apply for marketing or media communications as UWE and both courses require 112 points or BBC. I have a chance to get a C instead before sending off my application with a test at school but I'm not sure I'll be able to get the grade. Do you think I might receive an offer for BBC even if I apply for BBD? I'm not sure how popular the courses will be which would probably effect the likely hood. Other posts I've seen say that UWE is quite lenient but those are quite old so I'm not sure.
Reply 1
UWE isnt competitive.
You should be fine.
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Original post by izzyrosefordham
Hello, currently I am predicted a BBD for art, sociology and economics. I want to apply for marketing or media communications as UWE and both courses require 112 points or BBC. I have a chance to get a C instead before sending off my application with a test at school but I'm not sure I'll be able to get the grade. Do you think I might receive an offer for BBC even if I apply for BBD? I'm not sure how popular the courses will be which would probably effect the likely hood. Other posts I've seen say that UWE is quite lenient but those are quite old so I'm not sure.

Hi izzyrosefordham,

Thanks for your post. I'd suggest the best thing to do is to get in touch with our admissions team who'll be able to give you the best advice regarding predicted grades and applying. The best way to contact them is either by email - [email protected] or give them a call on 44 (0)117 32 83333.

I hope that helps :smile:

Tori

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending